Did you mean: 

diesel expression in field titleblock

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KlaasAV
713 Views, 1 Reply

diesel expression in field titleblock

Hi,

In a tileblock field we want to use a diesel expression to show the first capital of the drawing state.

This is a part of a fully automated ID representation of a drawing driven through SheetSetManager and Vault metadatafields..
What it looks like see attachement.

What i use for these fields in the block attribute you see here:

%<\AcVar CustomDP.Project number \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcVar CustomDP.Document type \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcDiesel $(substr,%<\AcVar CustomDP.Status>%,1,1)>%%<\AcVar CustomDP.Revision \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcVar CustomDP.Discipline \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcVar CustomDP.Project phase \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcSm Sheet.Number \f "%tc3">%

In this example (see attachement) Status is Work in Progress so it should show only doubleU (W) and it does - see the lower red circle.

This is the part:  %<\AcDiesel $(substr,%<\AcVar CustomDP.Status>%,1,1)>%

But the problem is, when evaluated, the diesel sexpression puts the evaluated valua as text in the diesel expression, so:

$(substr,%<\AcVar CustomDP.Status>%,1,1) becomes $(substr,Work in Progress,1,1) instantly.

And every Status change will cahnge the status filed but not the first caharcter in the "project number /  drawingnumber" field

Ofcourse i would not, and the diesel expression stays and evaluated every Regen or whatever is responsable for evaluating this.

I am native dutch, so i hope my english is clear enough.

Someone any idea?

Klaas

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Lee_Mac
in reply to: KlaasAV

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to reference another Field within a DIESEL Expression.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost