Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diesel expression help (area)

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
wilco4
973 Views, 14 Replies

Diesel expression help (area)

Can someone explain how I can update my diesel expression to display the area in square feet not square inches. See expression below. Thanks

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;$M=$(getvar,AREA);attdia;1
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: wilco4

I'm not fluent enough in Diesel, but Lisp should work in a macro like that, too, something like this:

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;(/ (getvar 'area) 144);attdia;1

or if it needs to be a text string:

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;(rtos (/ (getvar 'area) 144) 2 2);attdia;1

Change that last 2 if you want more [or fewer] decimal places.

--
Kent Cooper

wilco4 wrote...
Can someone explain how I can update my diesel expression to display the area in square feet not square inches. ....

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;$M=$(getvar,AREA);attdia;1
Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 15
wilco4

Thanks for the help but it's still not working right. Below are the results I get:

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;(/ (getvar 'area) 144);attdia;1 gives me the follwoing: (/ (getvar 'area) 144)

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;(rtos (/ (getvar 'area) 144) 2 2);attdia;1 gives me the follwoing: (rtos (/ (getvar 'area) 144) 2 2)

Here's what I get using my current expression on the same room:

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;$M=$(getvar,AREA);attdia;1 gives me 57600

Any thoughts?
Message 4 of 15
Kent1Cooper

Oops -- it's taking input for an Attribute value literally, rather than evaluating the Lisp expression. Try starting with this:

^C^Cattdia;0;texteval;1;_-insert....

and then end with

....attdia;1;texteval;0

I'm not sure why it should take a Lisp expression literally but not a Diesel expression, when TEXTEVAL is 0, but as I said, I'm not very experienced with Diesel. However, if the above doesn't work, someone who is more familiar with it should be able to do the same calculation [dividing your original expression by 144] in Diesel language.

--
Kent Cooper
Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 15
wilco4

Thanks again for trying but it's still not working. Below is my result using the latest expression:

(/ (getvar 'area) 144)
Message 6 of 15
cab2k

{code}^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;$M=$(rtos,$(getvar,AREA),4,3);attdia;1{code}
Message 7 of 15
wilco4

Getting closer. That expression divides the square inches by 12 and it actually needs to be divided by 144. Thanks...
Message 8 of 15
cab2k

Maybe this?
{code}^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;$M=$(rtos,$(/,$(getvar,AREA),144),2,3);attdia;1{code}
Message 9 of 15
wilco4

That worked. Thanks for the help. One last question. Is there a way to remove the decimal point and/or zeros. It shows up as 400.000 if not no big deal.
Message 10 of 15
Kent1Cooper

Changing that 3 to a 0 [the precision argument in (rtos)] should do it.

--
Kent Cooper

wilco4 wrote...
.... Is there a way to remove the decimal point and/or zeros. ....
Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 11 of 15
wilco4

Works great! Maybe I'm being picky but can I add sq ft after the number? This is going to be quite a time saver for me.
Message 12 of 15
cab2k

^C^Cattdia;0;_-insert;AREABLK;\1;1;0;$M=$(rtos,$(/,$(getvar,AREA),144),2,0) "SQ FT";attdia;1
Message 13 of 15
wilco4

Perfect. Thanks again...
Message 14 of 15
BEAMERBILL

Hello, I'm a new member of the discussion groups, & have benefited from this thread.  I have recently started writing some macros in DIESEL, & have so far been reasonably succesful, however I have encountered a problem that has me baffled.

I have written a macro, which is very similar to that written by Wilco4 - It measures an area, inserts a block, & assigns the value of the measured area to a specific attribute within the block.

The intended purpose of the macro, is to assist me assign specific attributes to many rooms illustrated on a floor plan.

^C^C_MEASUREGEOM;AR:O;\^C^C_-insert;ROOM_LABEL;1;1;0 $M=$(getvar,ROOM_AREA);Room_AREA;1

This works well, however if I then run the macro a second time, then the initial block inserted adopts, & displays the new attribute value when autosave runs, or after the DWG is closed & reopened. 

Taking this to it's natural conclusion, if I were to run the macro 1oo times; I would end up with 100 blocks, which all display the last, (100th), measured value.

As well as the macro itself, I have also assigned the attribute default with a diesel expression to manage the data as "area".

What I would like to know: is there any way of "freezing" each attribute value immediately after assigning the same value, so that each block may hold independent attribute values?

Any help would be warmly received

B

Message 15 of 15
m_rogoff
in reply to: cab2k

Hi, I am using this macro and it works great. I am wondering if there is anyway to build a field into this macro. This is desired because the field will automatically update as the area of the object changes.

%<\AcObjProp Object(%<\_ObjId 8795918873664>%).Area \f "%lu2">%

This is the expression for finding area with a field. The part highlighted red is the specific object chosen when in the field menu. Ideally, you can just enter LAST OBJECT instead of choosing the PLine itself.

Is there a way to write PLine in a macro so you can choose an unlimited number of points?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost