Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default formatting for Field: Object-Polyline-Area

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1293 Views, 2 Replies

Default formatting for Field: Object-Polyline-Area

I create a lot of fields that reference a polyline's area and I'm constantly having to change the default formatting values. I would like it to default to an Architectural format, WITHOUT the appended "SQ. FT." (which often takes up too much space), with a precision of 0 and using a comma as the Thousands Separator.

Is there any way to set these default values?

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jtaylor
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this lisp. When you run (aaa) it select the text (or attribute) you want the area to show up in then select the polyline which the data will come from. This will not work with text that is in a block if it is not an attribute. You cam also edit the underlined string in red in the lisp to change around some of the values:

(setq str (strcat "%<\\AcObjProp Object(%<\\_ObjId " objID ">%).Area \\f \"%pr0%lu2%ct8[0.00694444444444]%th44\">%"))

-Steve

Please mark as solved if this works for you.

Message 3 of 3
wlekprathum
in reply to: jtaylor

That AAA.lisp works. However, I have a text field in Paper Space but the object (pline) is in model space. I couldn't select the object through a viewport. Is it possible to add function to select object in the model space  through a viewport on that AAA.lisp? Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost