Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom icons disappear

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
484 Views, 5 Replies

custom icons disappear

I created some custom menus years ago which have worked well.  I just tweaked a couple of the commands using the Menu Customization Dialog Box yesterday, and this morning, all my customized icons have disappeared.

I have tried to reload my original menu, but I can't get the icons to come back.

Which file should I be reloading - the .mnc, .mnr, .mnu, or the .mns file?

Is there a way to save the tweaks made in the Customization Dialog Box without losing the icons?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Try to delete the MNR file and recompile your menu. They should came back.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply. 

I erased the .mnr file, then used MENULOAD to load the .mns file.  The icons didn't come back, so I did the same sequence with the .mnc file, which also didn't work.

I had created these commands years ago on a different machine, so the original bitmaps no longer reside on my C: drive.  Should I copy them back on there?  If so, where?

Should I not have used the Customization Dialog Box?  

Thank you again! 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

What do ou mean by not having them? You can not bring them back if you don't have them! Whereveer they are, local or on the network, just make sure you have the path added in the Support Files Search Path. Then make sure that the paths of the bitmaps aren't hardcoded in the CUI's Small Image and Large Image fields and only the name of the bitmap is specified. Then delete the MNR file again and reload your menu. This should solve the problem.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks very much!  That worked.

Just to clarify, I had the .bmp's backed up on our server but not on my computer (where the path was set).

Thanks again.  I will start a separate thread regarding the Customization Dialog Box issue.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

You're welcome.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost