Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom file properties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
simonsson
289 Views, 2 Replies

Custom file properties

I've been looking around, but never found any topics with a solution to my problem. I choose to treat this as an AutoCAD General Customization Issue, but not so sure about that though.

I'm playing around with custom file properties (using C#). I wish to be able to read and add custom file properties for alot of different file formats. I've solved it for Inventor documents using ApprenticeServer (iProperties) and for Microsoft Office documents using DSOFile. My problem is that I don't know how to do this with DWG-files. I wish to edit properties without any applications running - only my own application. I have Autodesk Inventor Pro 2008, Microsoft Office 2003 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 installed. Since this is pretty easy for Inventor- and Office documents I get the feeling that it can't be impossible for AutoCAD drawings.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mattias
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lukecs
in reply to: simonsson

DSOFile works for all file types.
Message 3 of 3
simonsson
in reply to: simonsson

Yeah, I found that out too, but the problem is... (this is a bit off AutoCAD topic now but)...

When I check in one of the files, with properties added using DSOFile to Vault, Vault won't find the properties until I manually change a property (it doesn't even have to be a custom property) in the file. As long as Vault doesn't find DSOFile added properties I can't use DSOFile. I have a support case at ADN about this, but as it seems I will not get any answers.

Any ideas or thoughts about this are much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost