Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom CUI Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rainman1
366 Views, 3 Replies

Custom CUI Issues

We created custom menus when we were running AutoCAD 2002. When we upgraded to AutoCAD 2006 I copied the .cui file over to our new version, 2006 and the menus and commands worked fine. One of our draftsperson's recently got a new system and I copied the same .cui file over to this new system. Problem is, some of the menus and commands work and some don't. It is a standalone installation. All the other systems running 2006 have the same cui and run fine. Could it be a hardware issue? There is a profile menu that creates our structures and profiles. When I try to use these menus the command line says "Macro not found"??????? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Moshe-A
in reply to: Rainman1

Hi

Load the origin menu file (MNU/MNS) from R2002
some time the CUI file (which is XML-base type)
gets damaged so recreating it may solve the problem

Moshe
Message 3 of 4
Rainman1

Do you mean load the original .cui file from the 2002 version into the 2006 version? Not sure what you mean? When I do a new installation I go to: C:\Documents and Settings\rdrf6prj\ApplicationData\Autodesk\AutoCAD2006\R16.2\enu\Support and replace the acad.cui file there with my customized one.It's just weird that the file works on all other sytems but the new one.
Message 4 of 4
scot-65

2006 was the first year for CUI.
Your custom menus were either MNU or MNS for 2002.
Place these in the support folder and then command MENU.
Drop down the file type and select either the MNU or MNS.
The file will then be compiled into a CUI of the same name
and set as current.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost