Did you mean: 

Curve from polyline segments

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DRossger
1604 Views, 6 Replies

Curve from polyline segments

Hi!

I´m looking for oportunities to can modify a polyline with 4 or more segments in a polyline with arc. I think it´s possible to pick start and end segment first and than all straight segements to will be in arc segments. Have you a idea to can do this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: DRossger

Hi,

I'm not able to imagine what you want to do, e.g how should this polyline with 4 segments be converted to one arc?

Prepare some samples so we can see the rules you'd like to follow.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
DRossger
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Have a look, in example you can see a polyline with 5 segments. Maybe Autocad have a function which I don´t know to modify segement 2,3,4 in arc-entities so all arc goes tagential in together. It´s a little complicate as use fillet only and I don´t realy like to use pedit to confirm in a curve, better is a polyline with line and arc.

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you would like a progi that automatically finds that situations where an arc may fit .... it's not the easiest job with a lot of intelligence within the app.

If you want to get this result with support by the user you can:

• draw a circle with tangent to first curve, tan to last curve and a point to pass through (in your sketch point 3)
  • start _TRIM and trim the "inner side" of the circle and the polyline-segments
  • connect the resulting objects using _PEDIT.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7
DRossger
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes I done it before but I was asking if there another solution maybe with lisp. I need thinking little...

Message 6 of 7
DRossger

Is it possible to erase segments from polyline
Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Is it possible to erase segments from polyline

I would do a _BREAK and show the points (start- and endpoint of the segment(s)).

Without development there is no command or function available for "erase segment of polyline".

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost