Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUI and mouse buttons???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADdaddy.com
530 Views, 2 Replies

CUI and mouse buttons???

I've never had a problem losing the shift-right-click osnap menus until today...and I'm stumped. I'm not new to CUI. I've configured a lot of CAD systems for various clients and I always do it the same way:

First I put a copy of a clean custom.cui into a user's personal folder and make that the MAIN menu. Then I create an Enterprise.cui menu and load a clean ACAD.cui and any other shared menus as partial menus to the enterprise.cui.

Today when I configured the menus at a client's office the shift-right-click osnap menus were missing...I finally found a posting somewhere on this NG that suggested using an ACAD.cui and and modify it to use as a new custom.cui by deleting everything from it except the Mouse Button items (since the can't be transferred using the Transfer tab). I tried this and it worked....

I went home and re-checked my custom.cui setup at home and there are not ANY Mouse Button entries in my "plain jane" custom.cui. Why did I have to go through that black-magic mumbo-jumbo today and never had to before?

The one thing I can think of (in hind-sight) is I never checked to see if they were up-to-date on service packs...I'll check tomorrow.

Any insight would be appreciated,
James LeVieux
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CADdaddy.com
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

It turns out SP1 does fix this...in case anyone else runs into this problem.

James
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

I have all updates yet this problem is still evident for me.  I am using a Logitech M510 mouse.  A review of the CUI "Mouse" section shows no buttons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost