Did you mean: 

Create Room areas and export to excel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1873 Views, 2 Replies

Create Room areas and export to excel

Hi All,

I am new to AutoCAD and I would like to write a program to help me with creating room areas and room names.

Im not sure if LISP is the correct route to do it, so I am just after some advice and to see if it is possible. There 3 parts to the program that I want to write.

The first part is to allow the user to run the program which would then as the user to select a polyline, (Room Outline) this is what the area would be calculated from. It seams easy enough, but the next bit is where I think it gets complicated, in most cases you just select the ployline and get the area from that, but in some cases there are a couple of areas inside the polyline that arent to be included so once they have selected the main polyline, I then want them to select if needed, the polyline areas that need to be subtracted from the main area.

The Second is once the area has been calculated, I then want it to be stored with a room name that the user inputs and displayed in a textbox or similar on the drawing.  

The third, which may be a seperate program is once all the room areas have been created with room names also, I want to be able to select all of them, or just specific areas and then to export the data from them into excel containing the room name and the related area.

Currently at the moment I have been doing this manualy creating a fireld in a text box and having to write a formula for each one, I have then been doing a data export to excel and selecting the areas, the only issue with this is that I can seam to assign a unique room name to each polyline so when I have exported it to excel I dont know which room each area is for.

Any help on this or advice will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hmsilva
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello t0m_46, and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If you do a search at 'Search This Board' for 'area field' you'll find many examples.

Some good examples can be found at Lee Mac's home page

Area Label and Areas to Field

I hope this helps

Henrique

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
3wood
in reply to: Anonymous

You can add another attribute as an unique Room Number. You can put it on a non-plot layer. In that case, the room names can be same but the room numbers are different.

You can also try ATTOUT and ATTIN to link the data between AutoCAD and Excel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost