Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction Note Tool

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kadeking
886 Views, 5 Replies

Construction Note Tool

I am looking for a way to create a master list of construction notes then use blocks attributes with fields to link to that master list. That way if the master list changed the note bubbles would change as well.

Sheet sets are being used with this project but I can't think of a way to make it work with the existing sheet set technology.

I would appreciate any ideas that anyone has to offer.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Hallex
in reply to: kadeking

I wrote a quick lisp from scratch,

try it on your machine

in reply to: Hallex

Thanks for posting this tool. I am going to give it a go.

Do you happen to know a good YouTube tutorial that would be a good corollary to help people understand how to run your routine?

I am reviewing your comments at the bottom of the script, but having a video would be a great way give people confidence in running it on their computers, especially for people relatively new to the Autodesk universe like myself.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
john.uhden
in reply to: kadeking

I have a very old but very powerful and handy Construction Note program, and with it a Take Off program that I used to sell.  Unfortunately, I don't sell anything anymore these days.  Everyone expects freeware.  Perhaps I can make you a 30-day demo version.

John F. Uhden

Message 5 of 6
Sea-Haven
in reply to: john.uhden

kadeking post was 2012. 

We had a gen notes that included item number remove or add it would renumber, not sure how could read the number and put in a bubble ? Prettysure we made it in Word and imported into mtext. 

Message 6 of 6
thompson8030
in reply to: john.uhden

Thanks for the offer. I wouldn't ask anyone to write my code for me, I write plenty for myself. The code I was looking at was just not commented very well and I am new to LISP so I was not very clear on how to implement the code in the file tree on my local host. 

Recognizing it was an older post, I thought the op might know of a youtube video that provides a similar implementation for instruction to what their code was written for as is often the case these days.

I appreciate the offer though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost