Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined commands MVsetup and Rotate

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ctnycc
814 Views, 5 Replies

Combined commands MVsetup and Rotate

I was wondering if anyone could help with this?

I have set up a command which uses MVSETUP, Align, Rotate in the viewport to change the orientation of maps within the viewport by entering the angle and press return.  I just want to take this one step further by combining the command sequence with the rotate command so we can rotate by moving the mouse to achieve the desired effect for the viewport instead of trying all different angles.

I have used the following sequence in the macro command line ^C^C_.MSPACE;MVSetup;a;r

I think this may well require a lisp route to achieve the command i am after as to insert the rotate command above would mean coming out of the mvsetup command.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Colin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pbejse
in reply to: ctnycc

@ctnycc wrote:

I think this may well require a lisp route to achieve the command i am after as to insert the rotate command above would mean coming out of the mvsetup command.

Colin 

Lets make this clear, you want to rotate the "VIEW" and not objects? or after MVSETUP then  rotate objects?

AFAICT, you cannot loop the MVSETUP command as it is already a lisp program, [unless you modifty the code, watch out for copyright issues]

Message 3 of 6
ctnycc

Patrick

Thanks for looking at this.

when we use the rotate command, after selecting the base point it allows one to rotate the "object" with a handle to show the effect before accepting.

I use MVsetup to orient the maps in drawings with the sequence of commands through a viewport MVSETUP;a;r; where this asks for the angle of rotation.  the only thing with htis is it can be fiddly trying to set the best angle for the best effect in the drawing. 

I wondered about the idea of combining MVSETUP with Rotate where it will allow the use of the handle to orientate the map in the viewport rather than stating / geussing an angle.   I dont want to rotate the viewport.

I have attached a drawing which shows the rotation of the map within the viewport on the left by an angle of 45degrees, 

Hope this is clearer, any queries let me know.

Regards

Colin

Message 4 of 6
pbejse

Have you tried using DVIEW / Twist  instead?

Message 5 of 6
ctnycc

Interesting command Patrick, useful if there is just one block,  however when we are doing schemes the map is made up of several blocks which would be difficult to select through the viewport as the image disappears.

Colin

Message 6 of 6
pbejse

@ctnycc wrote:

Interesting command Patrick, useful if there is just one block,  however when we are doing schemes the map is made up of several blocks which would be difficult to select through the viewport as the image disappears.

Colin

What do you mean by "disappears" ?  one good thing about Dview is you get to select the objects the "target" object and isolate those as you "twist' the view. 

Tell me more Colin, i think i'm missingsomething here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost