Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined boundary offset from multiple objects

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
HousingAssocMonkey
868 Views, 0 Replies

Combined boundary offset from multiple objects

Hi All, I have a process I regularly need to go through which is starting to get me down and has some errors in it. I am an absolute newbie when it comes to lisp so I was hoping somebody could help.

I have 2000 - 5000 Polygons, none of them overlap with eachother although some have common edges. None of them intersects with itself.

I would like to generate the boundary of all areas with 100m of any polygon. (the 100m may change)

My current method is to use a mass offset LSP I borrowed with offsetgaptype1. Then Manually delete all polygons not on the edge of an area, Then hatch them all, then use a hatch merge lsp I borrowed then recreate the hatch boundaries and delete everything I don't need. Suffice to say this is an absolute pain and very time consuming. It also fails because the mass offset script I have doesn't highlight polygons which can't be offset (an occasional issue).

In Case Anyone mentions it, I can't use the boundary command once I've done the mass offset because for some reason when two or three arc-sections of the offset polygons meet, the boundary can't pick up that it's an edge and gives me a boundary internal to the area.

Any Ideas?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost