Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check elevation/Z geometries errors (and possibly automatically correct them!)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sabysaby
488 Views, 4 Replies

check elevation/Z geometries errors (and possibly automatically correct them!)

I've got a lot of dwgs with wrong geometries in elevation/Z .

Some of them are 3Dpolys with one or more wrong z vertex (i.e.: z value = -500.000)

Attached an example of my problem.

I need to check , and possibly automatically correct, these errors putting verices/geometries to a default "0.5".

How can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Saby

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
3wood
in reply to: sabysaby

Please try attached CHZ20.vlx

Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@sabysaby wrote:

I've got a lot of dwgs with ... 3Dpolys with one or more wrong z vertex ....

I need to check , and possibly automatically correct, these errors .... 

For the checking part, you can use (vlax-curve-isPlanar) and give it either the 3DPolyline's entity name or its conversion to a VLA object.  That will return T if its vertices are all at the same elevation [and also if they're not, but they all lie in a common angled plane], or nil otherwise.  You could step through a selection of them, and for any that are not planar, put them in a selection set or list, or change their Layer or color or linetype, or something, to identify them.

For the correcting part, that could be interesting, since a 3DPolyline doesn't have an elevation property, and doesn't define a coordinate system, as many other entity types do.  For one that's parallel to the World Coordinate System, you could step through its vertices and look at their Z coordinates, find the value that occurs most often, and impose that on all that have a different value.

If 3wood's routine somehow doesn't do what you want, write back -- something like the above could be worked out easily enough, I think.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
sabysaby
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks you for your kind answers, but...

3wood:

Message 5 of 5
3wood

There is a function without dialogue box in CHZ20: (Chz20_cmd T)

Add it to a script file to excute it automatically. Refer to https://sites.google.com/site/cadkits/home/chz20 for more details.

I am sure it is not hard to find out some routines to run script file on multiple drawings. For example Lee Mac's Script Writer (http://www.lee-mac.com/scriptwriter.html) - I haven't try it by myself but I reckon you can trust the quality of his routines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost