Did you mean: 

changing destination location of lisp routine

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Scott_AGISIGN
2099 Views, 21 Replies

changing destination location of lisp routine

I am currently using this lisp routine to export selected objects as a dxf to import into another program:

(defun c:dxf ()
(command "_dxfout"
(getfiled "DXF File:" "c:/dxf/" "dxf" 1)
"_Objects" (ssget)
"" ; completes selection
"_Version" "2004"
"16" ; non-default number or other option if desired, with followup line(s) if
necessary
)
(princ "2004 DXF Created")
(princ)
)

this saves the dxfs to a location of C:\DXF

I would like it to save to a different location, the desired location is within the same root folder that the drawing is located in and is called "DXF-Programs-Releases"

thank you

Tags (3)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
scot-65
in reply to: Moshe-A

Moshe,

I saw your use of setcfg and looked it up on my 2007 help and this is what I found.

I also have the 2009 help and behold, it says the same thing that 2007 shows.

I did find the location of the acad2007.cfg file - Local Settings/Application Data (XP).

Since I never used this function, I did not know the true extent of what it does.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

I have used vl-registry-write, etc. but to this day these type of programs are still being developed.

Yea, I hear you, DCL coding can easily be 2/3 total code lines in a LSP file...

But one has to realize the answer is the easy part, it is the user input part that is not as easy,

since so many things can go wrong due to improper input, if not careful on the developer's part.

We plot to PDF and DWT. I would have to place interface in a (plot) reactor if I am to develop what

I have shown earlier (but, man, everyone would be "on the same page" over here if I do develop this...).

Reactors are not in the foreseeable future here. I will continue to collect examples found on this board.

Scot-65

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 22 of 22
Moshe-A
in reply to: scot-65

i guess you are right, noting is changed about (getcfg) / (setcfg) and acadX.cfg

i do not remember from where i did took this 'theory' i had the feeling that it was here

on on this DC but it also could be from others

thank you for this info

Moshe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost