Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get partial CUIx Ribbon contents to show up in UI

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Steve_Johnson
609 Views, 6 Replies

Can't get partial CUIx Ribbon contents to show up in UI

I've done a partial CUIx in 2010 (attached) containing a Ribbon panel and a tab containing that panel. I can't seem to persuade AutoCAD 2010 to use that Ribbon stuff. I've set the tab settings to merge, but no merging happens. I've attempted to get things showing up by using the Customize Workspace button in CUI and turning on the appropriate check box, but after doing so there is no sign of the panel or tab being visible in the Ribbon right-click menu or in the CUI Customize Workspace tree in the top right panel. No, I can't use Transfer, I need to point at the partial CUIx, not copy its contents into the main one.

Have I missed something, or is this as broken as it looks? Has anybody else got it working?

Doing this manually is one small step, but if the Ribbon contents merge is not going to happen automatically on CUILOAD, I will need to do it under program control, like (menucmd "P...") for pull-downs. I haven't found any documentation about how to do this. Any clues?
Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hmm, part of the problem may be that AutoCAD is killing the panel and tab I've created, which must surely be a bug. I've managed to capture the CUIx at the moment in time that the panel and tab still exist (attached), but soon after loading and attempting to use this partial, the panel and tab gets killed and doesn't come back.
Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
Message 3 of 7
davidm
in reply to: Steve_Johnson

I have the same problem. I don't like to touch the default AutoCAD stuff. I want to make my own but either we are missing something or it does not work.
Message 4 of 7
Kevin.Bell

Hi Steve -

I have the same problem, I want to load my ribbon tab automatically at startup, but CUILOAD from LISP wont automatically place the tab on the ribbon, where as manually it always places the tab.

I just wondered if you found a solution to this.

Cheers.
Message 5 of 7
jmontie

I to have had that same problem. Please post a fix if anybody has one.
Message 6 of 7
jimmytadams

knock, knock!!!!

Hello, Autodesk, are you there?

I too am having this problem. However, I have even tried just adding it to the acad.cuix. But, after a couple days with no problems...MY CUSTOM TAB HAS DISAPPEARED!!!! It still shows up inside the CUI editor, but not on my actual runtime ribbon. And, no, it is not just hidden, I checked.

I would love to hear from Autodesk to know how to work with this. Edited by: jimmytadams on Dec 23, 2009 9:31 AM
Message 7 of 7
andsham

I also am experiencing this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost