Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get an Autolisp routine to measure the distances between line and curve?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
maikhanhmst
255 Views, 2 Replies

Can I get an Autolisp routine to measure the distances between line and curve?

Hi,

I have a line and a curve. I want to generate a specified number of points which evenly space each of them on the line. Then measure the distances starting from the these points between the line and the curve. Finally, the offset data will be export to .xls file.

I'm total new to Autolisp. Could anyone please help me write this program? Otherwise, please suggest me how to create it? I also attached the dwg file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Khanh.

original.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: maikhanhmst

@maikhanhmst wrote:

I have a line and a curve. I want to generate a specified number of points which evenly space each of them on the line. Then measure the distances starting from the these points between the line and the curve. Finally, the offset data will be export to .xls file.

I can picture a way to get the distances, though I can't help you with the spreadsheet part.  But some questions:

What the drawing really has is a Region, a single object rather than a line and a curve as separate objects.  Presumably the User would select that.  Would it always be that way, as opposed to sometimes having [for example] a Line entity and a Polyline/Arc/Spline curve entity?  Would the Region always be flat on the bottom?  Would the bottom edge always extend the full length?  Would you always want that full length to be the distance divided equally?  If the answers to those are all Yes, then it shouldn't be too hard to have the User just select the Region in one pick, but if any answers are No, there would be more input required from the User.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
maikhanhmst
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Hi Kent,

The answers are yes.

1. The line and the curve are either separate or united objects. It depends on how difficultly you can work with them. So you can choose how they are.

2. The other drawings are always totally similar to the picture. Always including a curve at above and a line at bottom. The end point of the bottom edge is coincident with the end point of the curve.

3. The length of the line is always divided into equal segments.

Thanks for your respond.

Khanh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost