Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry CUI Icons

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
smbrennan
1445 Views, 4 Replies

Blurry CUI Icons

Before I get to my problem, let me give you a brief description of our environment.  I recently created a custom GUI for my company that uses mostly macros to insert blocks. This gui is loaded as a partial into the machine.

Now, personally I don't like going back and forth between 3 tabs all day long, and I can get the bulk of the panels/tools I use (whether they were from ACAD or my own partial CUI) all into tab. I create the new tab, and drag and drop any panels I want from ACAD & the partial into this new tab.  Then I customize my workspace and add the tab.  I have a problem though with some of the icons from my partial coming in blurry, and I can't seem to fix it.

I've tried everything I can think of. The steps I've tried are:

1. Going to the CUI, selecting the command (under MEP, not my partial name), deleting the icons for both large & small icons, then re-linking them. Didn't work
  2. Same as above, but rather than deleting the icons, I edit the icon, and import the one I want to replace it with. Still doesn't work.
  3. Same as above, but tried clicking on the icon directly and selecting import.

I've attached 2 pictures.

I'm using a 22" monitor, and have more horizontal room and no tabs are being collapsed.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Shawn

*Edit - I added another attachment to show the Lutron wires from the partial. This attachment is "partial icons2"

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
greg_battin
in reply to: smbrennan

In the CUI editor, there are 2 button images that need to be defined. a 16x16 pixel image (small) and a 32x32 pixel image large. you can set both the small and large image to point to a small image (16x16). The images that you have shown as displaying grainy i bet are set to look at a small image and are therefore being stretched up to fit the larger button image.

We corrected this in out tool by creating small and large icons for our ribbon and tool palettes.

button image size.jpg

~Greg

Message 3 of 5
bgingerich
in reply to: greg_battin

From Help:
The internal Button Editor allows you to create two different sizes: small (16 x 16 pixels) and large (32 x 32 pixels). By default, images that do not match these sizes are scaled to fit.

Make any res. pic greater than 32x32 and it will be scaled...no blurriness (blurieness?,blurryness?Smiley Frustrated).

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 4 of 5
smbrennan

Thank you both for your input.

Greg - The way I created these icons was by actually taking the block, and bringing it into a tool pallette. This automatically created an image (if I remember correctly, a PNG?). From there, I used GIMP to save that as a BMP for autocad. Since the tool pallette creates both 16x16 & 32x32, I decided to make it easier on myself to use the 32x32 for both the small and large icons.  The native resolution for all icons is 32x32. They were all made using the same method. So why are some coming through just fine, and others are not? Just as reinforcement, I think I spent a whole day just repeating the same process over and over again making icons.

Any other thoughts?

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 5 of 5
ebixler

I ran into this problem with blurry CUI icons again and remembered a trick. Yes a trick! The problem is letting the image get processed by the image editor in the CUI. Yes you have to make sure that your icons are created 16x16 for small and 32x32 for large icons. The trick is to copy paste the image name directly into the images section of the command properties (the icon.bmps must be in your support path) and then exit the cui without touching the image editor. This has worked 100% for me and my icons come out crystal clear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost