Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid object reactor errors "no callback function definition" ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WelfKreisel
167 Views, 3 Replies

Avoid object reactor errors "no callback function definition" ?

In our applikation we have defined persistent object reactors :VLR-modified. Opening our dwgs all callback functions were loaded by our applikation.

But opening that dwg without having our applikation running - and modifying an object will cause error messages because the callback functions are not loaded.

How can we achive that this dwg can be used without any errors?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: WelfKreisel

Hi, I've had the same problem and posted a question some time ago. 1) Make reactors NOT persistant. Then you'll have to think of reactivation of your reactors at startup by searching the acad-database for your objects. How: try to store references in a) named dictionarys b) XDATA c) extension dictionarys eg bound to object d) Ldata, though it seems that nobody want's to use it. Regards, Dieter WelfKreisel wrote: > In our applikation we have defined persistent object reactors :VLR-modified. Opening our dwgs all callback functions were loaded by our applikation. > > But opening that dwg without having our applikation running - and modifying an object will cause error messages because the callback functions are not loaded. > > How can we achive that this dwg can be used without any errors? >
Message 3 of 4
WelfKreisel

Hi Dieter,

thanks for your help - in deed I have found several ideas for that problem - but each of them includes some new problems.

In fact I am thinking to use transient object reactors. Maybe I don't have to store the object references anywhere - because all my objects can have some private extended EED data - and SSGET incl. a filter on these EED data will get me all objects, to which I have append a new object reactor to, after reopen my dwg.

The only thing I have to test is how long that takes - because we are developing an applikation for customers - and they have sometimes really many objects in their dgw (about some thounds). So it needs to be very fast.

Thanks again.
Welf
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

that's what I did. At startup I use ssget with filterlists. A few thousend reactors ? What kind of objects do you connect if I my ask? This will definitely slow down programm execution. Did you test ALL possible events like move, rotate copy etc with your reactor ? Like firing lets say 500 callbacks at the same time? Happy programming wishes Dieter WelfKreisel wrote: > Hi Dieter, > > thanks for your help - in deed I have found several ideas for that problem - but each of them includes some new problems. > > In fact I am thinking to use transient object reactors. Maybe I don't have to store the object references anywhere - because all my objects can have some private extended EED data - and SSGET incl. a filter on these EED data will get me all objects, to which I have append a new object reactor to, after reopen my dwg. > > The only thing I have to test is how long that takes - because we are developing an applikation for customers - and they have sometimes really many objects in their dgw (about some thounds). So it needs to be very fast. > > Thanks again. > Welf >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost