Did you mean: 

Automatically populate useri sysvar with sum of roomtag attribute definitions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tony.ecord
207 Views, 1 Reply

Automatically populate useri sysvar with sum of roomtag attribute definitions

Hi all,

I'm trying to dynamically update some of our drawings, possibly with fields.  We have floor plans with roomtags that have an attribute definition populated by the area of the room (via a closed polyline).

There are closed polylines separated into rentable and common layers.  The roomtags are also populated with rentable or common in a hidden attribute, depending on the polyline it is associated with.

I am looking for a way to automatically populate useri* sysvars with the area values of either the areas of all the closed polylines per layer or the attribute of the roomtags, to be populated to the useri4 and useri5 variables.

What I have competed is I then have the useri* numbers populating text in an uneditable zone table block.

I want to make it so end users don't have to edit the table, with possible user errors.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tony.ecord
in reply to: tony.ecord

Nevermind.  Even if it was possible, useri1-5 only go up to 32767, userr1-5 return linear dimensions not square footage and users1-5 are strings that cannot be formatted into square footage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost