automatic numbered block attribute

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
5spot
22865 Views, 25 Replies

automatic numbered block attribute

hi all,

i wanted to see if anyone can help me do this, i know how to make attribute/dynamic block

but what i'm trying to do or wishing i could make is an attibute number block that when

i insert it i can input the number i want but then when i insert it again it will pick up from

the last number i use. anyone please?

thanks,

5spot

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
stephwill88
in reply to: 5spot

There are many routines here for auto-numbering of block attributes; are there any for auto-numbering the block names themselves? I have 50 iterations of a block. The block name includes the number 1. I need to increment these blocks in the order I select them. This would be analogous to using the Express Tools "Auto Number" command, except that I am numbering block names, not text. Thanks for your help.

Tags (2)
Message 22 of 26
Ranjit_Singh2
in reply to: stephwill88

There is a reason why the block name property is greyed out in the properties panel. When you renumber each of those inserts you are effectively defining a new block. Which means in future if you need to change something in one block it will not update the other 49 blocks. And you will have to go through each one or maybe write another routine to update all of them.

Message 23 of 26
5spot
in reply to: Anonymous

hi doomyboss1,

I was just reading this and I believe I've stated that I was not using this because we have a 3rd party

program that does exactly the way I wanted this attribute block numbered. at that time I've used 3dwood INNB.

but I've read thru the posts on this thread because I was trying to remember this, I run into dean's post of a freebie app,

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=8051485828049059617&appLang=en&os=Win32_64, please try this

co'z I just tried it, it works for so many things. I hope this helps you.

thank you.

5spot

Message 24 of 26
shody20
in reply to: pendean

thanx... totally helpful

Message 25 of 26

Kent,

I would like to see if you could help me with a certain number feature...the block that I use has visibility states with different CCTV camera types...we typically number by C (denotes CAMERA) Location # and finally Camera #...so it would look like the following: C-01-01 (device type, location, device #). How can I modify your lisp routine to cover this type of numbering system? I am uploading the block as well so you can see what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for any help given!

Tracy

Message 26 of 26
shiva.b2008
in reply to: 5spot

Blacks automatic number not coming please solve 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost