Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoLisp Script to Move Points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
A_James_A
965 Views, 3 Replies

AutoLisp Script to Move Points

It has been a long time since I used Lisp. I have a file with 820 points. These points were generated by the laser inspection machine. We have scanned the shape of the part so that we can mace drawings for the mating part. The problem is that these points are at different heights in "Z" plane. I have to move all of them to "Z" zero so I can "connect the dots" and create the the basic shape/lines. I would like to make Autolisp routine to select all of the 820 points and keep their "X" and "Y" values but move the only in "Z". If you have any ideas could you please e-mail it to me: adnanATvarbroscorp.com. By the way this web page looks horrible on my computer; does anybody else have the same issue?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lpseifert
in reply to: A_James_A

Have you tried to select the points and edit the Z value (Position Z) to 0 in Properties?

~~~Civil 3D 2008~~~
Message 3 of 4
pbejse
in reply to: lpseifert

if you have Express Tools , use FLATTEN...

just curios though.. are you taliking about "POINT" the entity type?

in that case just change tjhe elevation to 0...  via properties.

come to think of it, either way properties (ctrl+1) should work if its and single entity with varying z elevation

I'm confuse

now i'm not making sense

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
stevor
in reply to: A_James_A

The are plenty of routines to flatten, or make Z to be 0, in the autolisp world. Search on this forum, and by Google. If the point data is imported as coordinate data, You could also make the Z changes in data, before making the points; post a small data file, if possible.
S

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost