AUTOLISP 'new kid on the block'

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
319 Views, 29 Replies

AUTOLISP 'new kid on the block'

Does anyone out there know the programming language 'Lisp'
I am very new to this.
I have wrote a routine that will ask the user for a room name, pick the area to calculate, pick a point to start the text and hey presto, the room name and area are there.

However, if the room name is two words like living Room, it only allows you to do the first word.

Any ideas what code I need to enter?

Thanks.

Jim17
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We all jump the gun every now and then, but if you HAD read it all you would of seen that Joe did answer the question. Murph "ffejgreb" wrote in message news:4074275c$1_3@newsprd01... > You're right. I didn't notice who sent the message, just what was written. > I obviously read too much into it. > >
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous

I saw that he did, along with a few others. That was part of my reaction.
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous

True, but Dean spends most of his time in the other NG's not in customization. It took me a while to figure out what his replies were meant to achieve as well. I'm a tad slow and overly emotional I guess. Damn that Phil Donohue!
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous

I dunno about protective, but you're definitely *some* kinda mother! "ffejgreb" wrote in message news:40742707$1_1@newsprd01... > here in my few months of trying to learn lisp. A protective mother I guess.
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous

Man, I'm missing all the fun... Hufhuf....Oh!, false alarm.... "ffejgreb" wrote in message news:40742707$1_1@newsprd01... > If it was meant as a joke, then I apologize. I must have read too much into > the message. I was reacting to how much I have been helped by so many in > here in my few months of trying to learn lisp. A protective mother I guess. > >
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous

Belated though it may be... 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 ;-) Sorry about that! Joe Burke
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous

Jo, thanks for your input on my 'simple' question. I am only a few days in to lisp.
I see that your e-mail address is in Hawaii and we share the same surname.

I didn't know the Burke name spread in to the Pacific Ocean?
Regards

Jim Burke
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous

Jim, You're welcome. Sorry my lame attempt at humor caused such a stink. The wording of your original message struck me as funny. Kinda like going to a baseball game and asking if anyone knows the rules. 🙂 << note I've lived in Hawaii for fifteen years. Originally from the Philadelphia suburbs. You'll find lots of helpful people here. Welcome to the NG. Joe Burke "jim17" wrote in message news:5007455.1081413694604.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Jo, thanks for your input on my 'simple' question. I am only a few days in to lisp. > I see that your e-mail address is in Hawaii and we share the same surname. > > I didn't know the Burke name spread in to the Pacific Ocean? > Regards > > Jim Burke
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous

No need for you to apologize. I'm the one who is sorry. Jeff
Message 30 of 30
Anonymous

Jeff, I totally understand your reaction. And I still think it was all my fault. BTW, thank you for including me among the folks you listed. I'm not sure I deserve it, but I appreciate the thought. Regards Joe Burke "ffejgreb" wrote in message news:40756e4f$1_1@newsprd01... > No need for you to apologize. I'm the one who is sorry. > > Jeff > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost