Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autolisp cableeditor chalange/ need for help!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
blenselink
175 Views, 0 Replies

autolisp cableeditor chalange/ need for help!

For my work I have to create a platform in Autocad where my co-workers can build energy and lightning plans (into dwg drawings of ground plan’s) I already created a library whit al the products that my company delivers but now I have a new challange:

My employer wanted me to simplify the manner how cables and hoses are inserted (draw a line, mesure that line, select a suitable cable/hose from te library, drag that cable on to the existing line  so that al the attributes will appear in the dataextract)

He wants the (idiot proof) function where you can drag a cable in the drawing and then it has the exact length so it is easy to see if you need a longer cable (ore an extra cable) this is easy to make when there are no corner’s in your line but when de do appear it gives you trouble.

So I thought i can make a program in lisp where i can program that function but i have been trying it for a while but found out that it is harder than I thought.

So if anyone can help me whit this problem, ore can tell me that I am a idiot and that I can do that in autocad itself please let me know.

Function demands:

1. Cables have a solid length
  2. You can bend the cable but cannot change the length
  3. At the beginning and the end of the cable a block (already prepared)  is inserted (this block is the symbol that i use for the different plugs)
  4. In the middle there is a oval where the attributes are displayed
  5. If the cable is longer than needed you don’t have to draw the full length

That last point might change the wishes for my employer a little because that required the cable to be drawn and not displayed and modified

Please let me know if you can help me ore if you have questions

Greetings

Berend 

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost