Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD virus found

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
honkinberry
1446 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD virus found

Just cleaned this virus from a machine.  It looks like the infection date was 4/10/2012, but the virus seems to be set to turn on after 9/9/2009, so maybe it's been around a while.

Anyway, the attached code was discovered embedded into the %userprofile%/AutoCAD/Support folder, at the end of Acad.mnl, and two other mnl files.

It appears to receive a streamp nil error on startup.

In terms of payload, it seems it attempts to redefine Wblock, SaveAs, Insert, and Pline.  It does attempt to redefine the QSave command to erase all objects.  But it seems the stream error occurs before the command redefinitions, so it never gets that far.

It also appears to be checking if the machine has a network adapter with a certain MAC address range.

Lastly, it's replication code looks for the string ";;;jjyy", which is what I would recommend we name it after.

Anyway, attached for you!

--J

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: honkinberry

Why are you posting this to a public newsgroup?  Are you trying to spread it?

Is this newsgroup moderated anymore?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 4
honkinberry
in reply to: dbroad

Well, being that I posted it as a Text file, it would take some effort for someone to execute it as a Lisp file.

I thought my post was pretty obvioulsy as an FYI, and by posted the text of the virus, administrators could know what to look for (since it is not detected by any virus scanner that we could ascertain).

--J

Message 4 of 4
hgasty1001
in reply to: honkinberry

Hi,

Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection detected this inmediatly after download, it was identified as: Virus:Alisp/Bursted.BL.

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost