Did you mean: 

Autocad's default Save file location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
almeida.4
19431 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad's default Save file location

Hello,

I would like to change Autocad 2010 default file location. When I go to Tools->Files it only gives me the option to change the file to the temporary folder. However, I want to be able to save my actual projects to a different folder.

How could I do that?

Thank you,

EFA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: almeida.4

@almeida.4 wrote:

I would like to change Autocad 2010 default file location. When I go to Tools->Files it only gives me the option to change the file to the temporary folder. However, I want to be able to save my actual projects to a different folder.

I don't have 2010, but if it works like earlier versions, try this:

Right-click on the desktop or Start-menu icon that starts AutoCAD, and pick Properties.  Put the location you want in the "Start in:" slot.  Then if you open it from that icon, when you first go to Save a new drawing, that's the folder it will default to.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
southie
in reply to: almeida.4

Another way

Double-click a drawing in Windows Explorer to launch AutoCAD® and open the drawing. 

Set System Variable: REMEMBERFOLDERS to 0

Controls the default path displayed in standard file selection dialog boxes.

Uses standard Microsoft behavior. When you first start the program after installation, the default path in each standard file selection dialog box is My Documents. When you open or save a file to another folder, that folder is remembered for future file selection. The Start In folder specified for the shortcut icon is not used)

Restores the behavior of AutoCAD 2000 and previous releases. When you start the program by double-clicking a shortcut icon, if a Start In path is specified in the icon properties, that path is used as the default for all standard file selection dialog boxes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost