Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 - Processing of S::STARTUP has changed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rx3&43
1176 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 - Processing of S::STARTUP has changed

Coming from AutoCAD 2010, I've discovered that 2012 processes S::STARTUP differently - and not for the better IMO. 

My VLISP/ActiveX batch plot utility uses 'vla-Open' and 'vla-Close' to open and close each drawing.  In between these events, a LISP plot routine, residing in a startup file, is auto run once drawing opens, plotting the drawing.

In AutoCAD 2010, the LISP plot routine was in S::STARTUP function (designed for just this kind of thing). In 2012, I cannot put the LISP plot routine in the S::STARTUP function because S::STARTUP is only executed upon the opened drawing becoming the active document (manually or programatically). Problem is, making the opened drawing active results in loss of control of batch process.

To work in 2012, I have LISP plot routine at the end of the <cui>.MNL file (not in S::STARTUP). It works, but frequently causes Fatal Error - I assume due to processes stepping on each other. I'm playing with inserting DELAY command(s), hoping to find the right combination to prevent the Fatal Errors.

Can anyone offer other suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rx3&43
in reply to: Rx3&43

Still wondering if anyone can suggest how in AutoCAD 2012 I can execute a PLOT of each drawing in a list of drawings where each drawing is opened with 'vla-Open' and closed with 'vla-Close'?

Message 3 of 4
scot-65
in reply to: Rx3&43

To my knowledge commands can only be employed while in S::STARTUP.

Possibly look into appending the existing S::STARTUP with your PLOT command inside?

(I don't have my R12 LISP book handy to guide you)

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 4
Rx3&43
in reply to: scot-65

Thanks, but I've appended S:STARTUP, defined plot function using defun-q, etc., put S::STARTUP in acaddoc.lsp, in <cui>.mnl, nothing has worked to make it run without having opened file become active.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost