Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2010 tool palette exporting question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2421 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad 2010 tool palette exporting question

I have built two custom tool palettes on my computer and wish for these to be exported to other computers on our network system.

I have tried using the Export Tool Palette option, but that does not seem to export the Image files that are on my computer on the C:\program files\AutoCAD 2010\Support\ToolPalettes\Palettes\Images folder.

When I export my paletts to another station, I only get the palette, but none of the commands or blocks that I have made on my station.

Do I need to copy the images folder to the other station, or is there some other way of exporting the palettes to other stations, or across a network?

Thanks so much.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sfuller
in reply to: Anonymous

Our tool palettes are on a network.  I Have a folder on our network that only I have read/write access to.  Everyone else can read it.

Under Options, File tab, "Authoring Palette File Location"  I set this to my folder on the network.  Then I set about creating my tool palettes.  All I had to do was have all the other users go under Options, File tab, "Tool Palettes File Locations" and add a path to my folder on the network.  Once they did that they had access to all the palettes I create, but more importantly any of the updates I do to the palettes, they will also see.  And since the folder is read only to them, they can not make any changes.

Hope this helps.

Stephanie

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

That worked. Thank you so much, I did not know about the option under Tools>Options to set the directory for a tool palette. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
dallen5

This is good information that I have been searching for a long time. Thank you.

How do I keep the tool palette folders read only as you mention they will be? I have a adrop box that anyone can get into and add files/folders or change files/folders. Is this where the Window's feature comes in play to set to read only?

Message 5 of 5
dallen5

I'm sorry for my ignorance; could you give a step by step process fromafter the creation of a tool palette? Will this process work for Tool Palette Groups? Do we export or can we just copy?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost