Did you mean: 

applying a Layer State to multiple dwgs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1996 Views, 4 Replies

applying a Layer State to multiple dwgs

Any suggestions on a quick way to apply a Layer State to multiple DWGS?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tom_brabant
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you export the desired state from a single drawing, then batch import it to a set of drawings using ScriptPro (free from autodesk?)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tom_brabant

I think that's where I may be going with this. I've never used ScriptPro (and am wondering how well it will interface w/ the Layer Manager GUI). - I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for the input.

Message 4 of 5
tom_brabant
in reply to: Anonymous

You needn't worry about the GUI if you stick with the command line version of the layer command.

You can invoke -layer (note the hyphen) to get an idea of how the prompt sequences work.

Something like (command "layer" "state" "import" "c:/mystuff/prototype.las" "" "") will probably work. I've written this as lisp instead of script because it's far less sensitive to whitespace than straight text command invocations.

Where you could have issues is if you try to use Scriptpro with a very recent release of AutoCad. I've had no issues with r2010, but I have had issues with r2013, though I saw a thread somewhere that addresses it.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tom_brabant

I'd never noticed "state" in the -Layer command line (not that I use it often). Thanks for the heads up! - I'll be using ACAD 2009 or 2011. - Thanks again for the feedback!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost