Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appload & Lisps

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tallboy44
387 Views, 4 Replies

Appload & Lisps

I apologize ahead of time if this issue has already been addressed in a prior thread. I used to be able to use the APPLOAD command to sucessfully load single lisp routines saved under a specific folder "on demand" each time I needed a particular lisp routine. However, in the last couple of years I've noticed error messages displayed once the lisp program is loaded, and many times the lisp program will not run properly. If I manually load each lisp program using the lisp command (load), the programs run with no issues.

Any answers on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
craigswearingen
in reply to: Tallboy44

Have you added it to the start up suite?

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
64-Bit Intel Xeon W-2125 @ 4.00GHz
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
Message 3 of 5
Tallboy44
in reply to: craigswearingen

Thanks for the quick reply. Add "Appload" to the startup suite or add the lisp routines to the startup suite?

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@Tallboy44 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Add "Appload" to the startup suite or add the lisp routines to the startup suite?

I wouldn't think either of those.  In the first case, you'll always be asked to load some routine every time you start up, whether you want to or not.  And in the second case, those routines will all be loaded every time, whether or not you will be using anything from them.

I don't have any ideas about the cause of the problem, but another possible workaround [which I don't guarantee will eliminate the problems with the manually-Apploading approach] is to put the routines in (autoload) functions in your acaddoc.lsp file.  That way, all of those commands in them will be available just by typing in their names, without the need to use Appload first, but none of those .lsp files will actually be loaded into a drawing unless and until the User enters a command name that's defined in a given file, at which time that file [only] will be loaded, with however many command definitions it contains.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
art_turner

in my experience, lisp files loaded with the Appload - Startup Suite - Contents - sometimes stop loading. if i simply open the Briefcase Contents and close it, maybe highlight the files first, it re-sets. i think its from double clicking drawings and loading a different profile, such as autocad mechanical, which does not have anything in the briefcase.  it has not happened lately but was common in version 2012. 

it happened maybe 15-20 times in a couple years with a couple dozen users.  if it happened any more often i would have configured both vanilla and mechanical to use the same files to see if that helped. autodesk might have fixed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost