Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
angiegauthier
244 Views, 1 Reply

Any ideas?

Hi Everyone,

We've had a few issues now with our Autocad. Some people are running 2013, some are running 2006. This morning, the issue seemed to be our template file. When our 2013 users started up autocad, it got hung up trying to access the template. It would eventually open, but it took forever and it kept crashing for some users. After trying a few things, we made a copy of our template in a new folder, and got everyones Autocad to point to the new folder. Now it works fine. This happened once before with our custom menu files. Had trouble starting up. When we made copies of the files, everything worked fine. Everyone is running fine now. I have been told it may be an issue with running different versions, but does  anyone have an explanation why this is happening? I don't know that we've ever all been on the same version and we've never had so many issues. I have been asking to get us all on the same version of autocad, but I'm starting to worry that this is a 2013 issue, becuase it seems like when we do have issues, the people with 2006 are running fine.

Angie

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fenton.webb
in reply to: angiegauthier

Just to try something... Can you try renaming your c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\WSCommCntr4\lib\WSCommCntr4.exe to WSCommCntr4.exe.old and see if that fixes your issues?

Also, is this on 32bit machine or 64bit machine?

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost