Did you mean: 

Angular Dimensions as Attributes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SimonSamuels
651 Views, 3 Replies

Angular Dimensions as Attributes

I am trying to discover how to sensibly extract angular dimensions as attributes.

I can extract the attributes from a block containing angular dimensions, the attributes list angular dimensions as a field but don't actually list the number of degrees for the angular dimension.

It is the number of degrees that I am actually trying to obtain - but I cannot work out how to obtain the information

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kefer_kb
in reply to: SimonSamuels

Hi,

draw a angular dimension, change the number of decimal places and try follow single lisp code.

(cdr (car (cdr (member '(1070 . 271) (car (cdr (assoc -3 (entget (car (entsel)) '("ACAD")))))))))

Return value: number of decimal places (... i hope also at your system ...)

kind regards,

Franz

www.gfm.at
Message 3 of 4
SimonSamuels

I have tried altering the number of decimal places and running the code, but it doesn't alter the result of the entries for the block attributes - the angular dimension field still doesn't show the individual angles from the block.

Message 4 of 4
SimonSamuels

Have worked it out  😉

I created an attribute and then entered a Field , selecting the angular dimension as an object and using measurement as the Property.

Just to confuse matters, AutoCAD provided the angle measured in Radians so I used a factor of 57.2958 to convert to degrees

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost