Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias for a transparent command

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brianhadley
203 Views, 1 Reply

Alias for a transparent command

I want to create a command alias for a transparent command. I have almost no experience with autolisp. Can anyone tell me how to do this in the simplest terms?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbroad
in reply to: brianhadley

It would help if you were a bit more specific.  That said, you don't need lisp to create a command alias.  Use aliasedit to create a new alias for any command name.

To define a new lisp command (defun C:XXX () (command .....)(princ)) is the general pattern where XXX is the new command name and the command sequence is inside the command function with commands as double quoted strings or with single leading single quotes.  You can also use (command-s ...)  and (vl-cmdf...) to hold commands.  Open vlide and use the vlide help to learn more about these functions.

Assuming the new command can be executed transparently, begin by keying in 'XXX where the leading single quote is necessary when inside another command prompt.  There are also limitations.  You cannot execute a transparent lisp command from within another lisp command sequence.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost