Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adolisp on 64 bit machine for Excel files - old questions - new thread

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
royboy666
371 Views, 0 Replies

Adolisp on 64 bit machine for Excel files - old questions - new thread

I've been to many threads and links on this subject, still can't get is working, provider cannot be found error.
This is what I have:
Windows 7 - 64 bit, 64 bit Autocad Architecture 2009, ADOLISP Revision 2.52 - April, 2007.

This is what I have tried:

1. I Dloaded "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe" dloaded from the MS website which supposedly installs the 32 bit "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" stuff

in the system. (this was done twice because there was a link that said to use the previous version, so I have done that also, yes I

uninstalled the newer one first before installing the earlier one). I also did a scan of the registry and saw multiple entries for

"Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" so I assumed it is installed.

RESULT:
using (Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\\test.xls;Extended properties=Excel 8.0;Persist Security Info=False:)
In my lisp rpogram.
PROVIDER CANNOT BE FOUND

2. Further research said I have to add some **** to the registry using "RegSvr32 c:\windows\sysWOW64\msjet40.dll" at the command prompt.
RESULT:
PROVIDER CANNOT BE FOUND

3. More reserch said just to use "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" which is the new jet oledb or whatever using this line in the lisp.
(Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\\test.xls;Extended properties=Excel 8.0;Persist Security Info=False)

RESULT:
PROVIDER CANNOT BE FOUND

4. Other research said use the following all with adjustments using the "c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe" configurer:

(Provider=MSDASQL;Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver \(*.xls\)};DBQ=C:test.xls;ReadOnly=False)

(Driver=Microsoft Excel Driver \(*.xls\);DBQ=C:\\test.xls;ReadOnly=False)

(Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=Excel Files;Driver=Microsoft Excel Driver \(*.xls\);DBQ=C:\\test.xls;ReadOnly=False)

That was ROUND 1 (6 or 7 different provider lines)

ROUND 2: I did a bit of my own researching and scanned the ADOlibrary lisp and noticed it points to a file in this dirctory
"c:\\program files\\common files\\system\\ado\\msado15.dll"
This directory I assume contains the 64 bit version of the the msado15.dll, I then noticed that there is the same directory for 32 bit

files as thus
"c:\\Program Files \(X86\)\\Common Files\\System\\ado\\msado15.dll"
I thought I made a breakthrough, tried all provider lines again, PROVIDER CANNOT BE FOUND (12 or 14 tries)

ROUND 3: Same lines with older "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe" AND pointing to both msado15.dll files, PROVIDER CANNOT BE FOUND (so thats 24 or

28 tries)

Can anyone explain the exact software / driver I need to install, the entire provider line code I need for my lisp files, any system

configuration, and whether I need to adjust or not adjust the ADOlibrary lisp to get this to work on a 64 bit machine ?

Please no more links . . .

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost