Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adolisp 64bit

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
gregmcl
1167 Views, 9 Replies

Adolisp 64bit

I asked this question a couple of years ago, when I first had the problem, but Thought I might ask again.

Has anyone got Adolisp to connect to and Access Database *.mdb or *.accdb under Windows 7 64bit ? either directly or through an ODBC.

How ?

Thanks for any help.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
gregmcl
in reply to: gregmcl

Worked it out, Uninstall Office 2007, install http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/4/3/24375141-E08D-4803-AB0E-10F2E3A07AAA/AccessDatabaseEngi... then reinstall Office 2007.

For future reference.

Message 3 of 10
_Tharwat

The link is broken .

Message 4 of 10
gregmcl

Ok,

use http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 and download the 64 bit version.

Cheers

Greg.

Message 5 of 10
_Tharwat

Thanks .

That works well , But why should we unstall and re-install MSoffice althugh it is not mentioned at all in that link ?

Is it just to reconnect with MSoffice Applications  (not reasonable) ?

Regards

Message 6 of 10
gregmcl

I don't know if its the case with all machines, but on my machine it would let me intall the 64 bit Engine, without uninstalling Office.

Having said that I uninstalled it, installed the Engine, and reinstalled Office and all of my previous settings remained. So all in all It wasn't a big problem.

glad it worked for you.

Message 7 of 10
_Tharwat

Thanks Greg .

I am sure it would be a very helpful for lots of users all around . Smiley Wink

Appreciated alot .

Message 8 of 10
page

I can get you the answer to your question, currently we use AutoCAD 2012 - run a few LISP programs which populate data into MS ACCESS 2010 to generate reports.

Maybe you can help me with what we need.

We need a LISP writer who can take our old working programs and add some more code.

Our LISPs draw simple door frame and sidelights put a BOM on the elevation then send the DATA over to ACCESS.

Message 9 of 10
gregmcl
in reply to: page

I could help with that. I have done similar stuff.

email me @ greg@pldraft.com.au or post your questions here and I'll see if I have a solution.

One thing I did was create a list of information which resembled a Recordset, and move the data to and from the database with this. I also used the column names as a variable name, and then I could use READ and SET to create the variables.

Let me know if I can help.

Message 10 of 10
page

http://acad.fleming-group.com/Download/ADOLisp/ADOLisp.html

Used the shareware above version 2.52.

Assuming that Access was loaded as 64bit. If you uninstall the 32bit installation then reinstall 64bit. Etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost