Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access LISP help menus.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ameyer
304 Views, 1 Reply

Access LISP help menus.

Is it just me, or has Autodesk decreased the ability to the LISP help menus? I used to be able to open the main AutoCAD help menu and click on the developer link and be able to access the LISP and VisualBasic code help.  From there I could view all of the LISP commands in alphabetical order and look up their functions.  Now it seems like I have to use search to find the commands every time.

Is there an easier way to access the LISP help menus?

Aaron Meyer, PE, LS
Meyer Civil Engineering, Inc.
Bakersfield, CA
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: ameyer

@ameyer wrote:

Is it just me, or has Autodesk decreased the ability to the LISP help menus? I used to be able to open the main AutoCAD help menu and click on the developer link and be able to access the LISP and VisualBasic code help.  From there I could view all of the LISP commands in alphabetical order and look up their functions.  Now it seems like I have to use search to find the commands every time.

Is there an easier way to access the LISP help menus?

I also found at some point that the link inside Help didn't work any longer.  I located the acad_alr.chm file [in a Help folder -- may vary by version, etc.], and "sent" that to my Desktop as a shortcut, and now I go there and double-click on it to open up the AutoLISP Reference.  Other .chm files can be similarly accessed [the Developer's Guide is acad_alg.chm, etc.].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost