Acaddoc.lsp and BLIPMODE

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Lineabove
1066 Views, 7 Replies

Acaddoc.lsp and BLIPMODE

I am a user who likes BLIPMODE.

BLIPMODE is useful to confirm where I have clicked on screen or to see where I last clicked on screen.

With the 2012 Version, BLIPMODE has been "deprecated".

I do understand that it has been "undefined" only and is still avavliable.

My question is... How do I setup my ACACDOC.lsp so that BLIPMODE will be turned ON when I start AUTOCAD ?

Currently I have within my Acaddoc.lsp the following line.

(command ".BLIPMODE" ON)

I do not understand why my drawing opens with BLIPMODE still OFF.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Lineabove

I don't agree with you on the use of blipmode but that is my opinion.  At a place I worked nobody liked blipmode and there was this one person who used blipmode in every drawing he used.  He wasn't well liked because everyone knew when he got into the drawings because the blipmode was turned on.  What I did to avoid this was to reverse what you want done and set the variable of blipmode.  So I had no issues with the guy, just like the guys who turn off the UCS icon.  Exchange this (setvar "BLIPMODE" 1) with what you have in Acaddoc.lsp and it should take care of it.  I have this in an ACAD.lsp to avoid any problems in case I type somethng wrong in the Acaddoc.lsp.  HTH

Message 3 of 8
Lineabove
in reply to: Anonymous

azrdgldr,

Thank you.

I did what you suggested by changing to  (setvar "BLIPMODE" 1), howvever I still find that when the drawing opens BLIPMODE is still OFF.

Only after the drawing is opened, if I paste  (setvar "BLIPMODE" 1) into the command line, BLIPMODE will then change to ON.

This is what baffles me. I understand that the acaddoc.lsp is read when a drawing is opened.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Thats why I use the ACAD.lsp instead of the other file.  Less for me to change or forget to change/update when I upgrade to newer version.  Start notepad and enter the following

;; AutoCAD Short-cut keys by (your name)

(setvar "BLIPMODE" 0)

Then save the file to the name of ACAD.lsp and save it to your AutoCAD support directory.  Start your options (op) command and select the System tab.  Check the box in front of Load acad.lsp with every drawing.  You may have to restart AutoCAD for the settings to apply.  This should take care of it.

Message 5 of 8
Lineabove
in reply to: Anonymous

I did what you suggested by creating the Acad.lsp file,  used (setvar "BLIPMODE" 1) and changed the system setting to load Acad.lsp with each drawing.

No luck.

Then I changed to (setvar ".BLIPMODE" 1) <--- The "period" before BLIPMODE

No luck

I verified with (findfile "Acad.lsp) that the file is in my path.

After I start a drawing the (setvar "BLIPMODE" 1) will work, just not when opening a drawing.

There must be something else which eludes me at this time.

I will put this aside for now and will report back if I figure it out.

Cheers and thanks for your suggestions.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

My bad, I did a cut and paste with my acad.lsp and you are right if you changed the variable to 1 instead of zero in the acad.lsp.  I am using Civil3D 2011 so I don't know if something in 2012 has changed some functions.  Check to make sure you have the 1 in the acad.lsp.  Sorry for the confusion.  Later.

Message 7 of 8
Kent1Cooper

Read about the S::STARTUP Function, where it explains about what happens before and after a drawing is fully initialized.  Before it is, when acaddoc.lsp loads, (command) may not work, which is why (setvar) is the way to do it.  S::STARTUP is done after the drawing is fully initialized.  You may have other things that are loading, that change Blipmode back to 0 even if you've set it to 1 in acaddoc.lsp.  Investigate where such files are, the order of file paths, etc., and make sure what you have setting Blipmode to 1 is the last thing that's loaded.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 8
Lineabove
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you Kent.

This is something I was not aware of.

(I have so much to learn.)

Will create my S::STARTUP function at day's end.

Best regards,

Mel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost