Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D to 2D with layers?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cadrat
155 Views, 1 Reply

3D to 2D with layers?

Could someone with greater knowledge of LISP create a routine that operates like the SOLPROF command but retain the original layers in the drawing file? I have a complicated 3D model of a plant process showing machines, steelwork, piping and even electrical runs and I need to be able to create 2D isometric and orthographic views that still have the original layers, ie Steel, Pumps, Floor, NewPiping, etc... Since SOLPROF creates views but draws everything on 2 layers (visible and hidden), can someone come up with a way to project the 3D solids and have the newly created 2D lines be on layers called Steel_Vis, Steel_Hid, Floor_Vis, Floor_Hid, etc.? This would save tons of time and I'd be eternally grateful!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: cadrat

The solview command allows you to name the layers. Then use soldraw.

cadrat wrote:
> Could someone with greater knowledge of LISP create a routine that operates like the SOLPROF command but retain the original layers in the drawing file? I have a complicated 3D model of a plant process showing machines, steelwork, piping and even electrical runs and I need to be able to create 2D isometric and orthographic views that still have the original layers, ie Steel, Pumps, Floor, NewPiping, etc... Since SOLPROF creates views but draws everything on 2 layers (visible and hidden), can someone come up with a way to project the 3D solids and have the newly created 2D lines be on layers called Steel_Vis, Steel_Hid, Floor_Vis, Floor_Hid, etc.? This would save tons of time and I'd be eternally grateful!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost