Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd try - menuload

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
107 Views, 10 Replies

2nd try - menuload

Didn't have any help last time I asked: I'm having a problem with loading a new menu. It's been a while since I created a new menu, so, I really haven't had to deal with this for a while. The menus that I made in the past don't have this problem, and I can't figure out what the difference is. For example: I have a menu that loads like this (command "menuload" "partial2") (menucmd "p10=+partial2.pop1") But then I have this problem: (command "menuunload" "Group1") and the menu that loads includes the path of the menu file it finds: for example: Then I get this: Menu loaded successfully. MENUGROUP: C:\PR\Group1.mns Then, if I look at the menuload dialog, it shows the new menu group as C:\PR\Group1.mns instead of Group1 What's going on and how can I fix it? -- Bill DeShawn bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure I completely understand the problem but what is defined at the *top* of the menu file? ***MENUGROUP= -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Bill DeShawn" wrote in message news:40514ff4$1_2@newsprd01... > Didn't have any help last time I asked: > I'm having a problem with loading a new menu. It's been a while since I > created a new menu, so, I really haven't had to deal with this for a while. > The menus that I made in the past don't have this problem, and I can't > figure out what the difference is. > For example: > I have a menu that loads like this > (command "menuload" "partial2") > (menucmd "p10=+partial2.pop1") > > But then I have this problem: > (command "menuunload" "Group1") > and the menu that loads includes the path of the menu file it finds: > for example: Then I get this: Menu loaded successfully. MENUGROUP: > C:\PR\Group1.mns > Then, if I look at the menuload dialog, it shows the new menu group as > C:\PR\Group1.mns instead of Group1 > What's going on and how can I fix it? > > > -- > Bill DeShawn > bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net > http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn > >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

***POP13 ***Group2 ID_Group2 [Group2] ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") menu group end up being the following: C:\chp2k\PG\group2.mns -- Bill DeShawn bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn "Jason Piercey" wrote in message news:4051c7ae_3@newsprd01... > Not sure I completely understand the problem but > what is defined at the *top* of the menu file? > > ***MENUGROUP= > > -- > > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > > > "Bill DeShawn" wrote in message > news:40514ff4$1_2@newsprd01... > > Didn't have any help last time I asked: > > I'm having a problem with loading a new menu. It's been a while since I > > created a new menu, so, I really haven't had to deal with this for a while. > > The menus that I made in the past don't have this problem, and I can't > > figure out what the difference is. > > For example: > > I have a menu that loads like this > > (command "menuload" "partial2") > > (menucmd "p10=+partial2.pop1") > > > > But then I have this problem: > > (command "menuunload" "Group1") > > and the menu that loads includes the path of the menu file it finds: > > for example: Then I get this: Menu loaded successfully. MENUGROUP: > > C:\PR\Group1.mns > > Then, if I look at the menuload dialog, it shows the new menu group as > > C:\PR\Group1.mns instead of Group1 > > What's going on and how can I fix it? > > > > > > -- > > Bill DeShawn > > bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net > > http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn > > > > > >
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Bill, Maybe I don't understand the exact problem but I was referring to what is defined at the TOP of the menu file. What is the menugroup? ***MENUGROUP= -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Bill DeShawn" wrote in message news:4053cbfd_3@newsprd01... > ***POP13 > ***Group2 > ID_Group2 [Group2] > ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") > > > menu group end up being the following: > C:\chp2k\PG\group2.mns
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

OK. Your right. I messed up. But it still delivers the same results: ***POP13 ***Menugroup=Group2 ID_Group2 [Group2] ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") [--] Any ideas? -- Bill DeShawn bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn "Jason Piercey" wrote in message news:4055c623$1_3@newsprd01... > Bill, > > Maybe I don't understand the exact problem but > I was referring to what is defined at the TOP of > the menu file. What is the menugroup? > > ***MENUGROUP= > > > > -- > > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > > > "Bill DeShawn" wrote in message news:4053cbfd_3@newsprd01... > > ***POP13 > > ***Group2 > > ID_Group2 [Group2] > > ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") > > > > > > menu group end up being the following: > > C:\chp2k\PG\group2.mns > >
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Perhaps I could be of more help if I fully understood what the problem is. The help files states that Menugroup section must be defined first. ***Menugroup=Group2 ***POP13 ID_Group2 [Group2] ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") [--] So this is a new menu you are creating and what you have defined in the .mnu file as the menugroup is not the same as what is being displayed in the menuload dialog box? -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Bill DeShawn" wrote in message news:4056a889$1_1@newsprd01... > OK. Your right. I messed up. But it still delivers the same results: > ***POP13 > ***Menugroup=Group2 > ID_Group2 [Group2] > ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") > [--] > Any ideas? > > -- > Bill DeShawn > bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net > http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

This is all I have in this menu so far. It is Group2.mns. It doesn't really have a real function other than I am trying to make it display the menugroup correctly. Nothing more so far. What gets me, is I've got other menus that work perfectly, and I can't see any difference between them. There are just a few lines, but I can't even get the Menuroup to display correctly first in the dialog. The menugroup displays as c:\chp2k\pg\group2.mns instead of just GROUP2. -- Bill DeShawn bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn "Jason Piercey" wrote in message news:40570c83_3@newsprd01... > Perhaps I could be of more help if I fully understood > what the problem is. The help files states that Menugroup > section must be defined first. > > ***Menugroup=Group2 > ***POP13 > ID_Group2 [Group2] > ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") > [--] > > > So this is a new menu you are creating and what you have > defined in the .mnu file as the menugroup is not the same as > what is being displayed in the menuload dialog box? > > -- > > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > > > "Bill DeShawn" wrote in message > news:4056a889$1_1@newsprd01... > > OK. Your right. I messed up. But it still delivers the same results: > > ***POP13 > > ***Menugroup=Group2 > > ID_Group2 [Group2] > > ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") > > [--] > > Any ideas? > > > > -- > > Bill DeShawn > > bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net > > http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn > >
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Using the following seems to work fine for me. I saved it as a menu file then used menuload. ***Menugroup=Group2 ***POP13 ID_Group2 [Group2] ID_Groop2 [Groop2]^C^C(alert "This is Groop number 2.") [--] -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Bill DeShawn" wrote in message news:40593fc7_1@newsprd01... > This is all I have in this menu so far. It is Group2.mns. It doesn't > really have a real function other than I am trying to make it display the > menugroup correctly. Nothing more so far. What gets me, is I've got other > menus that work perfectly, and I can't see any difference between them. > There are just a few lines, but I can't even get the Menuroup to display > correctly first in the dialog. The menugroup displays as > c:\chp2k\pg\group2.mns instead of just GROUP2. Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png" Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "1.png"
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Bill,
Delete the .mnc file, then menuload the group2 mns.
Be sure to 'unload' the c:\pr..group.

Bob
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Jason,
This one seems to keep on going to the TOP ?
Is it adding a .png ever-so-often ?

:)
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Don't follow you, Bob. You must be seeing "funny" things via the web side? -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "ECCAD" wrote in message news:28618116.1079660409811.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Jason, > This one seems to keep on going to the TOP ? > Is it adding a .png ever-so-often ? > > 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost