Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 vs 213 - ; error: no function definition: AUTOLOAD

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2050 Views, 14 Replies

2014 vs 213 - ; error: no function definition: AUTOLOAD

I'm working on setting up Acad 2014 for our company and noticed an oddity that hasn't occured in previous versions:

When starting up Autocad, I get the message "; error: no function definition: AUTOLOAD" near the end of the startup string of messages. I never got this message in previous versions and I dind't change anything that I know of in regards to AUTOLOAD.

Now here's the weird thing. Despite that error message, all my apps that are set to autoload are working as planned. If I comment out all the autoload lines I don't get the message, and as expected the apps don't work. If I bring back even one, anyone, of the lines, I get the message back. And that app loads fine first time I run it.

FYI, my autoload lines are in the MNL file that gets loaded with our Enterprise customization file.

So it appears that everything is working fine, regardless of the error. But, being a nit picky cad manager, I don't like seeing error messages, especially unexplained ones. And there's a potential that something is not working correctly that I haven't found yet.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Why is this happening in 2014?

Thanks,

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Checked the various TRUSTED security settings?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Yes. All the autoload apps are in the same folder as the MNL file, which is listed in the Trusted Locations section.

Message 4 of 15
BlackBox_

Load sequence should not be an issue... You didn't move Acad2014Doc.lsp (where the AUTOLOAD function is defined, line 249) out of it's OOTB folder by chance, did you?

One of the quirks with AutoCAD's new (insufficient) Security protocol, is that both Acad2014.lsp, and Acad2014Doc.lsp will _only_ be loaded if they reside in the OOTB folder... See this excerpt from the TrustedPaths System Variable documentation:

" Note Beginning with AutoCAD 2013 SP1, the reserved acad2013.lsp and acad2013doc.lsp files and their successors are loaded only from their default installation folders: <install folder>\Support and <install folder>\Support\<language> respectively. "

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

I didn't move any ootb files. So that's not the problem either.

Like I said everything seems to be working. It may be a false warning. I'm just afraid it might not be and something will creep up three months from and catch us off guard.
Message 6 of 15
BlackBox_

@brianjl wrote:
I didn't move any ootb files. So that's not the problem either.

Like I said everything seems to be working. It may be a false warning. I'm just afraid it might not be and something will creep up three months from and catch us off guard.

Forgive me... Unless I missed your earlier post stating otherwise, you're receiving this error:

; error: no function definition: AUTOLOAD 

... Which, by definition, means all is not working correctly. 

If AUTOLOAD is not defined, then one of two things is happening... Either Acad2014Doc.lsp is not being loaded, or you're calling AUTOLOAD prior to it being loaded.

To start, if:

(findfile "acad2014doc.lsp")

... Returns Nil, then the file is missing, or it's path is not included in your Support File Search Path (SFSP).

If the OOTB install folder's path is returned, as noted above, then you should consider the latter.

Cheers

Message 7 of 15
dgorsman
in reply to: BlackBox_

Might also be worthwhile checking to see if demand-loading ARX applications is turned off (should be on).  This can cause parts of AutoCAD to get squirrely as it can't load the appropriate ARX when needed.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 15
BlackBox_

Was any of this helpful? *not sure*

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Sorry for the delay in responding - the life of a production drafter who's also the de facto cad manager.....

Anyhow, I checked the acad2014doc.lsp suggestion from your previous post and all checked out ok. It's in the correct ootb folder.

So I'm guessing your last comment about something calling AUTOLOAD before it's defined is the issue. Since It's appearing right after the Robert McNeel doslib load, I'm wondering if maybe they've added an AUTOLOAD statement somewhere in their latest version.

Right now I'm loading it with their lisp routine, which I've pasted in to our enterprise MNL file.

Message 10 of 15
BlackBox_

No worries; As a production guy myself, and regional CAD Lead, I can relate.

I'm glad you identified the file location and have something to track down now. I'd start by looking for your first AUTOLOAD call, which should definitionally be in your AcadDoc.lsp which is loaded immediately after Acad2014Doc.lsp is loaded (when AUTOLOAD is defined).

HTH

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

We're not using acaddoc.lsp. All our cusomizations, including our AUTOLOAD statements are in the MNL file linked to our Enterprise Customization file.

This is the same setup we had in 2013, 2011 and 2009, and the error message only appeared 2014.

Message 12 of 15
BlackBox_

@brianjl wrote:

We're not using acaddoc.lsp. All our cusomizations, including our AUTOLOAD statements are in the MNL file linked to our Enterprise Customization file.

This is the same setup we had in 2013, 2011 and 2009, and the error message only appeared 2014.

Unless there's been a change to the startup sequence that I am unaware of, your MNL loads after both Acad2014.lsp, Acad.lsp, Acad2014Doc.lsp, and AcadDoc.lsp files... Where Acad2014Doc.lsp contains the Defun for the Autoload sub-function.

You're not by chance using Autoloader to load your customized CUIx by chance, are you?

Message 13 of 15
mike

I'm getting the same error "; error: no function definition: AUTOLOAD".  This is due to calling the AutoLoad command in my partial MNL file as well.  However, all of my autoloaded commands are also working correctly.  It appears that my MNL file actually runs twice during the initial launch of AutoCAD.  After AutoCAD is open, if I start a new drawing, I do not get the error and my MNL file only runs once.  I verified all of this by adding an (alert "...") command into my MNL file and seeing how many times I get the alert when starting AutoCAD. 

I believe this is all happening because the acad2014doc.lsp file (where the AutoLoad command is defined), actually loads after my MNL file.  Also verified by using the Alert command... 

Not sure if this is something new to 2014, but it didn't happen in prior versions.  Still not sure why my MNL file run twice at initial startup, but only once thereafter...

Everything seems to work okay.  Just more of an annoyance for someone as **** as I tend to be.  Anyone else have a way to correct this?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: mike

Interesting findings, Mike. Obviously you've had more time than me to mess around with this. Smiley Very Happy

Curious to see if anyone else reacts to your observations.

Thanks,

Message 15 of 15
StephenThomasGrace

I was just searching for this very issue and stumbled on your posts!

I have 3 different Mnl files that were utilizing "Autoload".

I was getting the error message for every occurance and it was driving me crazy! (2014 only as you noted!)

Since you noticed the mnl seemed to be loading twice (once before acaddoc.lsp), I simply did this:

(if autoload (autoload edittool '("cr" "rcc" "mr" "rm" "eraseout" "colay" "eraser" "cl" "el")))

Since autoload doesn't exist the first time around, it does nothing. Second load, autoload has been defined so everything works.

Error messages vanquished!

Hope this is of some help to others.

-steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost