VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA-subsystem

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
287 Views, 12 Replies

VBA-subsystem

Hi, is it possible to disable this VBA-subsystem in a drawing? Or, what does it do? We received a 171KB drawing from an architect, it takes ages to load and display (over an hour), used system: P4-1.8GHz, 256Mb mem., 128Mb Nvidea video, 20gig hard disk space. Jan
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
thenrich
in reply to: Anonymous

What does VBA have to do with your delay? 171kb doesn't seem that large ....
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

He must mean 171mb? "thenrich" wrote in message news:20470429.1084796350479.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > What does VBA have to do with your delay? 171kb doesn't seem that large ....
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

If the vba you're having trouble with is embeded you can use the extract button in vbaman. Otherwise you will have to remove all suspect vba projects from your startup suite as well as hiding any acad.dvb in your search path. Hth, Mike Weaver "Jan van de Poel" wrote in message news:40a854f1_2@newsprd01... > Hi, is it possible to disable this VBA-subsystem in a drawing? > Or, what does it do? > > We received a 171KB drawing from an architect, it takes ages to load and > display (over an hour), > used system: P4-1.8GHz, 256Mb mem., 128Mb Nvidea video, 20gig hard disk > space. > > Jan > >
Message 5 of 13
thenrich

The only thing I can see happening is that somehow there is a VBA being loaded then something is being fired in the Open event of the VBA. I'd think that should even be controllable before the drawinf was opened
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

It seems to me that there might be a problem with the dwg itself. Why don't you post the dwg in CF so that everyone can have a look (Assuming it's 171Kb and NOT 171Mb) -- Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica (sorry, phony e-mail, SPAM made me do it) "Jan van de Poel" wrote in message news:40a854f1_2@newsprd01... > Hi, is it possible to disable this VBA-subsystem in a drawing? > Or, what does it do? > > We received a 171KB drawing from an architect, it takes ages to load and > display (over an hour), > used system: P4-1.8GHz, 256Mb mem., 128Mb Nvidea video, 20gig hard disk > space. > > Jan > >
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

From the problem drawing, enter "VBAMAN" at the command prompt. Is there anything in the "Projects" list? If the problem is occuring in an OnOpen event, as you suspect, then it will have to be in one of the projects listed in the "Projects" list. Make a note of each of these projects and it's location then hide them by moving them to a folder not found on the acad search paths. Now restart Acad and reload this problem dwg. If the problem was the vba then it should be gone. Mike Is the "EXTRACT" button enabled? If so, then pick it, and save the resulting dvb file to a safe place *NOT* on the AutoCAD search path. "thenrich" wrote in message news:24735842.1084825968718.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The only thing I can see happening is that somehow there is a VBA being loaded then something is being fired in the Open event of the VBA. I'd think that should even be controllable before the drawinf was opened
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks for the responds guys. Some remarks: 1 - The drawing is only 171kb NOT 171mb. 2 - We do not use 'home made' VBA progs. if there is VBA used it should be coming from autodesk. I'll post it in the CF group. Waiting for your comments. Thanks Jan "Jorge Jimenez" schreef in bericht news:40a92a81$1_2@newsprd01... > It seems to me that there might be a problem with the dwg itself. > Why don't you post the dwg in CF so that everyone can have a look > (Assuming it's 171Kb and NOT 171Mb) > > -- > Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica > (sorry, phony e-mail, SPAM made me do it) > > "Jan van de Poel" wrote in message > news:40a854f1_2@newsprd01... > > Hi, is it possible to disable this VBA-subsystem in a drawing? > > Or, what does it do? > > > > We received a 171KB drawing from an architect, it takes ages to load and > > display (over an hour), > > used system: P4-1.8GHz, 256Mb mem., 128Mb Nvidea video, 20gig hard disk > > space. > > > > Jan > > > > > >
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Found the culprit. After loading the drawing and using VBAMAN, there was an embedded routine running. Removed it and saved the dwg. After reload the drawing was as fast as it should be (at 171kb). Thanks guys, especially Mike Weaver. Jan "Jan van de Poel" schreef in bericht news:40a854f1_2@newsprd01... > Hi, is it possible to disable this VBA-subsystem in a drawing? > Or, what does it do? > > We received a 171KB drawing from an architect, it takes ages to load and > display (over an hour), > used system: P4-1.8GHz, 256Mb mem., 128Mb Nvidea video, 20gig hard disk > space. > > Jan > >
Message 10 of 13
thenrich

Where did the VBA come from if you don't have any in house applications?
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Glad to help. Autodesk doesn't have any VBA running "out of the box" that I'm aware of, and certainly nothing embeded in the drawing files. That has to be done by someone in VBA man. Mike "Jan van de Poel" wrote in message news:40a9c964$1_3@newsprd01... > Found the culprit. > After loading the drawing and using VBAMAN, there was an embedded routine > running. > Removed it and saved the dwg. > After reload the drawing was as fast as it should be (at 171kb). > Thanks guys, especially Mike Weaver. > > Jan > > "Jan van de Poel" schreef in bericht > news:40a854f1_2@newsprd01... > > Hi, is it possible to disable this VBA-subsystem in a drawing? > > Or, what does it do? > > > > We received a 171KB drawing from an architect, it takes ages to load and > > display (over an hour), > > used system: P4-1.8GHz, 256Mb mem., 128Mb Nvidea video, 20gig hard disk > > space. > > > > Jan > > > > > >
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Maybe embedded in the dwg?(is that possible) Or maybe the dwg was that slow because it was constantly looking for that app. No idea. I don't like the VBA stuff, too dangerous(think of macro-virus). Jan "thenrich" schreef in bericht news:25909367.1084884162693.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Where did the VBA come from if you don't have any in house applications?
Message 13 of 13
NathTay

Type VBARUN at the commandline then select Options from the dialog. If "Enable macro virus protection" is selected when you open a drawing with an embedded VBA project you should get a choice as to "Disable Macros", "Enable Macros" or "Do Not Load".
Regards - Nathan

If you don't need to use VBA which I think one of your posts suggests you should be able to use the Add\Remove option of the Installation to remove it altogether.
Message was edited by: Nathan Taylor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost