VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vba doesn't work in autocad 2010,please help me out

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
qishuo
763 Views, 5 Replies

vba doesn't work in autocad 2010,please help me out

Hey guys,

My company used autocad 2009 and a printing Plug-in which was made by VB,they worked perfect.But when my company uses autocad 2010,the problem rises:The printing Plug-in doesn't work.

Although I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Module 32bit (from  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12715668&linkID=9240618), the printing Plug-in can not work with autocad 2010.the commands from the plug-in cannot be recognized.

Firstly I install autocad 2010,then VBA,next printing Plug-in.Is there anything wrong?

Please help me out!

Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance!

Best regards Wilson

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: qishuo

Hi,

>> [...] printing Plug-in which was made by VB [...]

First you should not mix up "VB" and "VBA"! Having a VB-developed application could be an EXE- or a DLL-file, VBA has DVB as file-extension.

Secondly what does the developer of this tool say? Or havn't you asked him/her?

How was the tool loaded into your AutoCAD 2009 version? And in short words: what does the tool (because printing or plotting could be done with AutoCAD and without an application).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
arcticad
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

AutoCAD 2010 breaks binary compatibility with previous releases

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2009/02/autocad-2010-drawing-file-api-format-compatibili...

You will need to update your references for 2010 and the VB application may not function if your running 64 bit windows.

---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 4 of 6
qishuo
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hey Betreff,

Thanks for you reply.

The printing plug-in is VB developed ,and autocad 2010 should support that just like what 2009 supports.When I press 'eplot' in 2009 command window,a printing window will pop up just like what 'plot' works.But the situation is that in 2010, even after I install theMicrosoft Visual Basic for Applications Module ,nothing happens,2010 can not recognize the eplot  command. The plug-in supplier say It's the problem of 2010, because the VB enabler is that loaded in 2010,after installing the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Module ,problem can be sovled.But magic doesn't show up=(.

What's wrong with it?Could you help me out?

thanks!

Best regards,Wilson

Message 5 of 6
qishuo
in reply to: arcticad

Thanks for the reply,buddy! I'm running 32 bit autocad. The problem is that autocad 2010 couldn't supprt VB developed plug-in,however the version before 2010 works fine.

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: qishuo

Hi,

>> The printing plug-in is VB developed

So it has to be modified - arcticad told you - the references within the old EXE/DLL points to 2009-library and that's not compatible to 2010. You have to open the sourcefiles of the application, change the references (hope that is all to change) and recompile it.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost