VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA coding for entering block attricbutes to blocks in an AutoCAD drawing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
429 Views, 3 Replies

VBA coding for entering block attricbutes to blocks in an AutoCAD drawing.

Hello Everyone, 

I need help with the VBA code for entering block attribute values to the Attributes for Blocks in an AutoCAD Drawing.

I am new to programming.

Also I need to code for automating a P&ID drawing for which I need to do these tasks

(i) Create a new dwg file, with a specified template

(ii)The user will draw the P&ID drawing with the blocks as valves, and equipments.

(iii)The blocks have already been added with Attributes using the Attdef method.

(iv)The Block Attribute values for the blocks like pressure , temperature,medium, flow etc needs to by added by the user.

(v) The need is the add these values via a GUI preferably VBA forms .

(vi)The addition in the forms should change in the attribute definition.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Ashny Patrick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you used the tagging for entering search keys ... have you tried to use Google with that words: >>>click<<< ? I removed "excel" as I can't see in your question anything depending on excel ... and I added "site:forums.autodesk.com" to get only results from this forum here, but that is optional, also other sites have good answers.

So that would give you a start and then you can show us your code and your drawing (that you use as sample) to get more specific answers.

The current state is that you try to write a tool/application, we might write now code for you, but if that fits to your drawing structure, if that recognizes your type of blocks and attributes? Also if anyone writes code ... can you undestand it and modify it to fit to your needs? At least I don't think that anybody will write you a complete application here (for free), so it's really the best to show what you have up to now.

As long as we don't know where you are weqwe don't know where to pick you up.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for your Reply.

I will learn VBA..my concern is whether VBA  or VB.net is fine.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> my concern is whether VBA  or VB.net is fine

If you are open for both then I would not spend time in VBA (as it's always a question how long it will be supported) and concentrate to learn VB.NET.

Happy learning, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost