VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA Code and 2013 Update 2

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
stewartg
1630 Views, 7 Replies

VBA Code and 2013 Update 2

Has anyone elses VBA stopped working an Autocad 2013 since installing the last update?

I have 2 windows 7 64bit computers. One has the latest update and I am getting various errors when running VBA in 2013, but no problems when running the same code in Autocad 2012. The other computer has not got the Autocad update and runs prefectly.

I would like to remove the last update but I don't know how to do it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: stewartg

Hi,

>> Has anyone elses VBA stopped working an Autocad 2013 since installing the last update?

In the readme of the SP1 and also in SP1.1 there is this statement placed:

Note: To enable the autoloading changes to acad.dvb, uninstall the AutoCAD 2013 VBA Enabler, and download and install the latest AutoCAD 2013 VBA module that was updated for the changes made in Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD 2013.

To be read >>>here<<<.

Have installed that?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
stewartg
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred - I never thought about the VBA enabler. I'll try that later.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Message 4 of 8
stewartg

Updating the VBA enabler didn't work. Neither did uninstalling the R2013 update or reinstalling Autocad R2013.

I've no nore ideas. - I now have 2 computers that I thought were both set up identically, one will run VBA the other won't.

I think the answer is to change all my VBA code to .NET. I managed to learn some simple VBA and I did have try to learn .NET, a few years ago, but gave up. Do I need to rewrite everything? I'm a CAD draughtsman not a programmer.

Message 5 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

so you have some workstations with AutoCAD 2013 SP1.1 running the VBA-macros successfully and some do not?

>> I am getting various errors when running VBA in 2013

What messages/errors are these?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 8
stewartg
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I reworded my last post badly. I have 2 computers on subscription that automatically update. One has added the latest update, and the other has not yet. The computer that is not working has had the update added.

I don't now think it is the update, as I have removed the update and I still have the problem.

I'm at the good computer at the moment, but I think the error was "type missmatch" while I am saving xdata. But the same programme has been working for years.

Message 7 of 8
stewartg

Just to close out this discussion.

I sorted this problem by copying an old version of the VBA programme from another computer. Somehow the file must have been corrupted. Even though I had not been working on the code in any way.

I still think this happened when Autocad was updated

Message 8 of 8
ronak1009

After installing the latest autocad update, the VBA does not support run "F5" in vb editor to check the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost