VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Determine what causes VBA to fail when attempting to load a Form

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
thomas.holland.john
1281 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to Determine what causes VBA to fail when attempting to load a Form

Here is a full video explanation of the problem: http://youtu.be/A0URVFPSoHs

It begins by throwing up the Autocad Help.

Then Shows a message that says "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine"

Then I get a message like this

:Untitled.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

It looks like you are trying to use VBA that runs OK with AutoCAD 2000i (man, you still keep it running?!) with AutoCAD 2014.

You did not say, but I assume you run AutoCAD 2014 64-bit with 64-bit Windows (Vista/7/8). If so, the VBA environment in AutoCAd 2014 is 64-bit, while your rather complicated VBA has tons of 32-bit components referenced (from the "References" dialog box shown in the video). This wht you get that error message.

You must remove all those 32-bit dependencies, and find 64-bit equivalents, which may not always available(!), or similar 64-bit components with necessary code changes. with almost 15 years of technological growing in respects of computer, OS, AutoCAD, the old VBA code would unlikely just run in latest AutoCAD. Again, the biggest change here is 32-bit to 64-bit.

Seeing that there are multiple VBA projects referenced to each other and the huge UserForm, I would not dare to know what the code does in detail, in order to fix it 😞

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost