VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with nntp

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
edljobe
273 Views, 11 Replies

Problems with nntp

Is anyone else having problems accessing the ng via nntp? I'm using OE here at work. I've dumped the folder and downloaded everything fresh, but half the time I get a TCP/IP error stating that it couldn't connect to the server. On folders that I havn't reloaded, no new topics will download.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
edljobe
in reply to: edljobe

Also, I made the last post via the web and I couldn't see it. I tried refresh. I had to close IE and reopen to see the post.
Message 3 of 12
edljobe

I just made a reply to another post via the web and the replie shows up when I read the thread, but the REPLIES column does not update on the main page. It still shows 0 replies. I refreshed, closed and reopened IE and it still show 0 replies.
Message 4 of 12
Matt__W

I'm also having problems accessing the NG thru the NNTP. I keep getting the "Unable to connecto to server" message. Our IT department hasn't changed any settings here so I'm assuming it on the ADESK side.

I even followed the instructions for user's have problems accessing the NNTP with no luck. I even tried totally unsubscribing from "discussion.autodesk.com" and I still can't access anything.

~ Matt W

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 5 of 12
edljobe

I also am not getting any emails on watched threads. The second time I logged in, it kept telling me my password was invalid, so I requested to change it. The instruction email came 3 hours later. I wonder if the watched emails are just a half a day late. Maybe they'll show up eventually.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Ed - Overnight the NNTP and HTTP sides of the newsgroups were resynched. You should see all posts on both sides of the newsgroups now. There is a 1-2 minute delay between posts made on one side showing up on the other. -- Anne Brown Manager, Moderator Autodesk Product Support Discussion Groups Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion Ed Jobe wrote: > > I just made a reply to another post via the web and the replie shows up when I read the thread, but the REPLIES column does not update on the main page. It still shows 0 replies. I refreshed, closed and reopened IE and it still show 0 replies.
Message 7 of 12
edljobe

Does this affect watched notices too? I finally got the notice for this thread. It was dated December 18, 2003 06:57 AM. Almost a day late. Not very useful that way.
Message 8 of 12
Matt__W

Anne:
Is the NNTP address still discussion.autodesk.com??
Just for kicks, I decided to unsubscribe then RE-subscribe to the newgroups and all I get is an "Unable to connect to server" error message. Our IT department has told me that they haven't made any changes in permissions to this particular URL. Is there something else I can try (other than the Web based version? I've grown kinda fond of the Newsreader). I'm using Outlook Express from Outlook 2002 on WinXP Pro.

Thanks in advance!

~ Matt W

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 9 of 12
Dirk Weber

I too am using OE as newsgroup reader. I cannot see autodesk.autocad.customization.vba with that newsreader. I can see other autodesk newsgrps. I posted my prob on AUGI's Forum no one else seemed to have sim probs.

For now I plan to use the browser version, I have tried resetting closing and opening OE. Not luck
Message 10 of 12
Dirk Weber

The main page has a note about the resetting the OE newsreader. http://discussion.autodesk.com/index.jspa

I tried it it works, but the only problem was that nobody is writting any new posts so I can't tell if it is refreshing.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

5 minutes after writting the previous post OE newsreader did not refresh. Only I have found to see new news post in OE is to reset, and reload - Also only goes back to 12/10/2003 "Dirk Weber" wrote in message news:30422396.1072903746344.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > The main page has a note about the resetting the OE newsreader. http://discussion.autodesk.com/index.jspa > > I tried it it works, but the only problem was that nobody is writting any new posts so I can't tell if it is refreshing.
Message 12 of 12
edljobe

OE will only check for new messages according to the interval you set in Options>General tab. How far it goes back depends the setting on the Options>Read tab>News>Get. If you have Get checked, it will only download the number of headers you specify. Uncheck it to download all headers, but it will slowdown daily operations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost