VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with AutoCAD 2010, VB6 and Forms

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
inner_es
374 Views, 3 Replies

problems with AutoCAD 2010, VB6 and Forms

i have a lot of dlls in vb6 that work like a charm from autocad 2004 to autocad 2009

but now im having a lot of problems with AutoCAD 2010

schema of all VB6 dlls is

Initialize Class

Show a Form in vbModal (if i try to do it modeless then Form does not appear)

Press Run Command Button, hide form, send a prompt to autocad and try to make a selection on screen

but then AutoCAD is blocked, selection cursor appears on screen but i cant do anything and must terminate autocad from windows task manager

anyone knows what is happening with AutoCAD 2010? do not want to rewritte all code in .NET
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
techmeaux
in reply to: inner_es

tHIS will not help, as i was waiting for this hell to arrive. But maybe father autocad can answer it, from the past, in principle.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/top10.html

Don't worry, i'll be going through it soon, and I've waited for others to go through hell in vbnet, so i can just bypass it to paradise above from their trek, fifty versions, fifty operating systems, 10,000,000,000 bugs, etc.
(
(
I too am awaiting the answer, but it will come, and yes, you will be re-writing, re-writing, rewiring, feeding those of us whose world we keep frozen in the xanadu of autocad 2000. (you will also be sustaining the cadaver of vb6, for wackward compatibilty for your users, uhhh, yourself, forever and ever, then onward into the ghastly gates/walker inspired future of computing! mind sucking blackholes of enjoyability, obsession and just plain fun! (seriously))
)
)
)x4ever

Good luck, but the true troopers will solve it, hence not a "project" anymore, it's a "solution" now!

And John Walker warned us... He is... well autodesk is now... sons of Bill Gates
eeeeYahhhhhHaaaaahhaaaaHaaaaaaaa eeeeeeeyahhahahHHahahahah

if we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane... but this aint funny
Message 3 of 4
arcticad

Looks they had a similar problem here.
http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?p=304900#post304900
---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 4 of 4
inner_es

yes, i posted the same problem in CAD Tutor

final trick is: not to get AutoCAD in the class and again in the form: just call the form from the class and then get AutoCAD on Userform_Initialize

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost