VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
andybone
380 Views, 1 Reply

Plot to PDF

Hi All,

I have created a batch routine that plots PDF’s of a list of drawings.  Everything is working ok. It opens the drawing, turns on and off layers, and then plots to PDF.  The plots come out fine, but after each plot, it opens the PDF.  This would not be a problem for one or two drawings, but when doing a few hundred, it becomes quite frustrating.

I can see how to change this using the plot dialogue box, selecting DWG To PDF.pc3 and editing the custom properties. But no matter how many times I change it does not save, and will open the PDF.

I have found a work around by killing the process Acrobat.exe at the end of the plot.  But is there a better way of doing this?

Thank you

Andy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: andybone

Hi,

are your really sure that your routine uses the modified pc3? I would save it with another name like "myDwgToPdf.pc3" (having set not to show up the pdf after plot) and modify the code to that name.

It might be also a help to show up your code or upload the plot-project.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost