VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Installation of AutoCAD and VB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
286 Views, 3 Replies

Network Installation of AutoCAD and VB

Question for you gurus out there.

We have an internal program that is based on VB.net. I want to write an update to the program to automatically do some simple drawing changes off of standard templates.

Which one should I do.
A) Network Install AutoCAD and have them check out everytime they need to run this add-on. The problem with this I would need to control all of the workstation installations.

B) Install AutoCAD on a local machine that they could run remotely, they could access this at any time.

The program would only run for about 2 minutes. So I am not worried about needing multiple liscences to cover overlap.

I only want one preson to be able to run it at a time regardless of which way I go.

Thanks

Zuccus
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What do you mean by "check out everytime they need to run this add-on"?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Well,

I have a vb.net application that I want to create drawings out of. The application is stand alone and would need to run AutoCAD for a few minutes.

I want it to open AutoCAD. Change the attributes on the drawing and a few other things. And then save the file in the specified place and close autocad.

Zuccus
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If you have a network in place, make a small VBScript that will install your application on the system from the network (simple network share will do). Then, e-mail the script to every one. Have them save it to the desktop, then double-click, and you have an update procedure in place at the same time.

Other than that, the remote thing is also a good idea, but its one computer more....

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost