VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help kick starting...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
229 Views, 1 Reply

Need some help kick starting...

Hi All,

I am new to VBA for ACAD, and have struggled to come to terms with it, but I think I need a hand getting started. I am working on a tool now that will allow me to edit the attribute fields in a title block from a VBA userform, 32 fields in all. My understanding of what needs to happen is the I need to:

1. Select the title block

2. Get the attribute information

3. Enter data into the tag value

I'm not slow, usually can wrap my head around technical topics pretty well, but this is escaping me. I know it is simple code, so any help would be appreciated, I have to get my head around this before biting off my next starter project.

Any help/links/code would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

besides of a lot of samples how to access attribute-references within a block-reference already existing in the web it would be more efficient if you show your code and your sample drawing so we can see where you are and what step(s) you are missing now.

Some samples I found and may help you >>>click<<< (there are a lot more out in www).

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost