VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Password!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
225 Views, 5 Replies

Lost Password!!!

We have a dvb file that we don't have the password for... Person who wrote it, quit, and has not told us the password. Now I need to make changes to the file. Anyone now how to get it? If you want to email me instead of posting please do so. bill.salling@uei-houston.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I feel your pain, but it is illegal to circumvent such a protection under the DMCA, unless you hold the copyright to the code. If someone were to help you with this and you were not the copyright holder, they could be convicted of a federal crime. It is no small matter. I can tell you that it is pretty easy to pop a 40 bit encrypted file. It would seem easier to just request the password, if indeed your company owns the source, and if the programmer refuses then sue them to get it. If they refuse and your business experiences losses and you win the suit, the legal cost for them will be staggering and they could also be indicted for theft and/or another crime. Just get your ducks in a row and proceed with caution and patience and make sure you do not do anything that can be construed as irrational or unreasonable, because they can use that as an excuse to not communicate with you. Just ask politely and if they refuse, then contact an attorney. It is your best bet. If your business has been using illegal seats of software, OS/AutoCAD/Office and so on, then you should just drop the matter and learn not to steal. If they feel they really own it and find out you now have the source, you may find the marshals walking out your door with all your computers. This is why it so important to obey law. Even if you do not have illegal software, there is nothing stopping them from dropping an anonymous tip that can get your equipment seized. Back your stuff up now if your perceive any such response is even possible. -- David Wishengrad President & CTO MillLister, Inc. Software for measuring and stretching multiple 3D solids. Http://Construction3D.com
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I sent you an email - you can zip up your DVB and send it to me if you'd like. If not, I can just tell you how to easily remove it (but not here). "William S." wrote in message news:405748b5_2@newsprd01... > We have a dvb file that we don't have the password for... Person who wrote > it, quit, and has not told us the password. Now I need to make changes to > the file. Anyone now how to get it? If you want to email me instead of > posting please do so. bill.salling@uei-houston.com > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, I know the law. This is way I am asking for help, because the code is ours. We can not find the person who wrote it to ask for the password. "Dave" wrote in message news:40575785$1_1@newsprd01... > I feel your pain, but it is illegal to circumvent such a protection under > the DMCA, unless you hold the copyright to the code. If someone were to help > you with this and you were not the copyright holder, they could be convicted > of a federal crime. It is no small matter. I can tell you that it is pretty > easy to pop a 40 bit encrypted file. It would seem easier to just request > the password, if indeed your company owns the source, and if the programmer > refuses then sue them to get it. If they refuse and your business > experiences losses and you win the suit, the legal cost for them will be > staggering and they could also be indicted for theft and/or another crime. > Just get your ducks in a row and proceed with caution and patience and make > sure you do not do anything that can be construed as irrational or > unreasonable, because they can use that as an excuse to not communicate with > you. Just ask politely and if they refuse, then contact an attorney. It is > your best bet. If your business has been using illegal seats of software, > OS/AutoCAD/Office and so on, then you should just drop the matter and learn > not to steal. If they feel they really own it and find out you now have the > source, you may find the marshals walking out your door with all your > computers. This is why it so important to obey law. Even if you do not have > illegal software, there is nothing stopping them from dropping an anonymous > tip that can get your equipment seized. Back your stuff up now if your > perceive any such response is even possible. > > -- > David Wishengrad > President & CTO > MillLister, Inc. > Software for measuring and stretching multiple 3D solids. > Http://Construction3D.com > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Never got your email. I sent one to the address under your name. "Cadfather" wrote in message news:4057a048$1_1@newsprd01... > I sent you an email - you can zip up your DVB and send it to me if you'd > like. > If not, I can just tell you how to easily remove it (but not here). > > "William S." wrote in message > news:405748b5_2@newsprd01... > > We have a dvb file that we don't have the password for... Person who wrote > > it, quit, and has not told us the password. Now I need to make changes to > > the file. Anyone now how to get it? If you want to email me instead of > > posting please do so. bill.salling@uei-houston.com > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
rameshg

Can u tell me how to remove the password for a DVB file? I have one file for which I forgot the password.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost